Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Driving License Procedure 8.0 (qti)

This post covers two driving lessons because I don't have time to write two separate ones as one of them is quite short on its own.

Wednesday afternoon: Went with WQ to practical today. We wore the same bright orange YE shirt. Hahaha. The point is to blind Uncle so that he'll let us drive on our own. LOL but we ended up looking like toddler twins whose mother dressed them in the same clothes.

A normal practice on a Wednesday afternoon. Not many cars so it's very easy to maneuver. I practised all the inside stuff first. Hill was ok, not that accurate. Parking was good. 3-point though was sort of unstable (like I can't get it right every time). Uncle let me drive to A and B roads. I was improving a lot now, no more jerky movements. =)

So Uncle asked me to go again tomorrow, for QTI (Qualifying Test at the Institute). It's sort of like a pre-test. OMG. Can't believe it. >.< Nervous to the max!!!

Car reversing out from the 3point, which is weird.
Thursday morning: Woke at 6 something early in the morning. Tired like shit, not sure how to drive properly later. Uncle picked me up at school, with two others. Once there I started practising the insides. My first 3point was the worst of all time. I hit the front rocks then when reversing I hit the back rocks because I braked with the gas pedal =.= Very not awake. I also met Eileen while going up the hill together. We chatted while waiting for the QTI to start.

After one more round Uncle registered me for the QTI. After signing the forms I was shell-shocked when he told me I'm the first one for today. Oh my God. I was so freaking scared. The guy who tested me was an old Malay man with a scrunched-up, permanently frowning face and white wispy hair. He looked scary. He was reading newspaper in his car (an old silver Kancil number 3). After putting the newspaper down he honked at the counter and the counter gave me my forms.
I shakily went to the car and gave him the forms.

Lots of cars >.<
Me: Selamat pagi tuan.
Him: Selamat pagi.
Me: (omg what am I supposed to say now? Never mind, I'll just start checking the stuff)
I made all the necessary checking. Only checked the side mirrors and not adjusting them because I don't fancy reaching across him to adjust the left one.
Him: Pergi Jalan B har.
Me: Ok. (squeaks) (omg, I thought I'm testing inside first)
Me: Erm...tuan, boleh start jalan?
Him: O..k, boleh jalan.
Me: Ok. (squeaks)

*Clutch in.* OMG. This car has a higher clutch! Meaning I have to step deeper in to engage it. =.= God help me. I am NOT used to this!!! Shit. I am DOOMED. Oh well. Let's go.
*Gas in, lift clutch.* Erhmm..how come the car doesn't move? *lifts a bit more* Ok...moving now. *turns*. Move...move...stop. *clutch in, brake*. Engine DIED. Poor tester jerks to the front. His face stays impassive.
A car doing the 3point turn.

Wtf. What happened??? I just realized a bit later that I probably did not fully engaged the stupid stupid stupid high clutch. I was SO freaked out by then. I haven't even gotten out of the entrance! I was SO afraid I'd already failed. But he didn't say anything. So I freed the gear, turned off the air-conditioner and started the engine again. This time I made sure my foot stepped on clutch fully. Unfortunately this made me sink lower and I couldn't even see much of the road. =.=

Well what to do. I turned out onto the road, went down the hill and stopped at the junction.
Him: Jalan B.
Me: Ok.
So I went the B route. When I reached the first traffic light it was red from a distance away, so I slowed down hoping it would turn green when I reached it. Unfortunately it did not. So I stopped, wondering how to move again. >.< Thank God I did move without causing the engine to die. *sighs in relief*

A LOT of cars in the morning~ traffic jam inside LOL
What the hell, there was another red light waiting for me at the Lip Sin junction. @#$%^&* >.< So I stopped again. Then a car came out from the clinic from a gate and went into the clinic by another gate. It's starting to feel like everyone was against me :"(

I was a bit worried about the changing of 4th gear to 2nd gear near the end of the route, but I managed it. The rest of the way was easier so it's ok. I managed the roundabout clumsily (LOL, I've always hated that thing) and stopped. He got down from the car and told me to go do the inside stuff. So I went to the hill, did it quite nicely, and looked around for the tester.

No sign of him. Zzz. I turned around to look, and there he was, sitting on the bench near the counter looking at my forms. =.= Wtf. I thought he was supposed to stand at the tower testing me???!!! Please don't tell me I've failed the road and there was no point testing the rest! Oh well. So what if I fail. Just treat this round like any other practice rounds.

Queueing for the hill practice.
So I drove down the hill (couldn't find the shudder, so relied on the second feeling), went to a different lot in side parking (testing one was being used), parked my car perfectly, came out, went to the 3-point-turn, miraculously did it quite successfully (that car has a looser steering wheel) and came out, turned to the roundabout then stopped. Next up was Eileen who smiled nervously at me. I smiled nervously back. LOL.

Tester told me to go to the counter to take my stuff, so I went to sign out then took my license back. Asked the counter guy how was the results. He gave me a thumbs-up. Hahaha. Relief swept over me. Thanks so much! Couldn't stop grinning.

So...I practised C road once and twice around the inside track again~ then went home at 12pm. Many people waiting for QTI then. It is really simple to pass. Let's hope the JPJ one will be at least quite easy...>.< But honestly? I'd rather test this a million times over SPM. God I'm still worrying over SPM. :( Let's hope too that I don't have a nervous breakdown on that day. >.< Going with YP! Haha. Thank God I have a friend with me next week, or else I don't know how to survive. Zzz.

Super tired! Yay~ passed one! Good luck on the next!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)