Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Divergent Series - Finally Unwrapped


I've finally unwrapped my Divergent box set! I know, I know, it takes a hell of a long time for me to do this. It's been 11 days I got it and yet, and yet I haven't even taken off the plastic.
Shame on me, right?
Finally unwrapped. Divergent, first book.
Divergent is the first book in the trilogy, which has quite made a name for itself really. I've not yet read The Hunger Games (oh God I have to get that one of these days!), but I have a feeling that this is somewhat the same genre. Divergent is set in a dystopia world, meaning it's in the real world, not a fantasy world, but the community rules are different and not good. So it's like half-half.

The people of the city are divided into five factions (or groups), Amity, Candor, Erudite, Dauntless and Abnegation. Each faction represents a treasured value which is totally infused into the lives of the people from the faction. Amity values peace, while Candor values honesty, Erudite treasures intelligence, Dauntless values bravery and Abnegation treasures selflessness.
Insurgent: Second book. Third book isn't out yet! But I hear it's called Convergent.
The female main character is Beatrice Prior, a girl born in the Abnegation faction. She has a brother, Caleb Prior who is not much older than her, less than a year. Therefore they attended the Choosing Ceremony together, a time when all 16-year-olds have to decide on a faction to be with. They can return and live in the faction they were born in, but they could also choose to transfer to a different faction.

Beatrice has to choose a faction, and during the aptitude test that tests her on a suitable faction (which is supposed to help her decide), she learnt that she is a Divergent, which means she could fit into three out of five factions. It is told that Divergents are dangerous, and she should keep it as a secret to herself. In three of the factions, one of them is Abnegation. She could choose to go back, or she could choose one of the other two factions, Erudite, or Dauntless.
Bonus booklet! About the world of Divergent and also interviews with Veronica Roth, author
I'm trying not to give anything away to potential readers of the book! So you guys should totally go get the books if you're interested in the above summary. I've gone until Chapter 5 of the first book and it is really interesting. Will be reading more soon! (when I get off the computer) Here are some fan posters. Divergent is scheduled to start filming this March (the casting is under way now) and is scheduled for screening next March, 2014. I'm really excited!! How come all of the books I've picked up turn into films sooner or later??
Poster of Divergent movie! But not so nice because it's not an offical poster, casting isn't done yet. 
Anyway let's hope casting for Divergent isn't as bad as Beautiful Creatures. Let's HOPE that the actor playing the male lead (Tobias Four in the book) will be totally, totally hot!! And let's also hope they find a pretty girl with the right character to play Tris. I would hate it if they messed up the lead characters!! (Like Beautiful Creatures...I still cannot accept that Alden plays my favourite Ethan Wate!!! Dying here...)
Awesome! The left one (Jeremy Irvine) is so so so sensitive and hot!
Absolutely beautiful. Love the whole pose of the girl with a gun. It's just a fan poster though
But I'm still going to see Beautiful Creatures come February. I promise! And I would also be reading Divergent now. <3

Till then,

1 comment:

  1. I have to change my password and screen name. But before I do, I have to say, "Can hardly wait for Detergent!!"

    ReplyDelete

Do let me know what you think! :)