Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

WQ's Birthday Celebration @ Straits Quay

Yours truly, WQ and JM
I can NOT think of a more perfect celebration. =)

WQ is the quiet kind of girl, so although for my own birthday party I would prefer a slightly bigger party (as in 5-8 people), I feel that this 3-person-size small private party is nice enough for her. =D
I don't think she appreciates large noisy groups of people whose interest isn't even up her alley. LOL.

Anyway. The present was finished on time. JM took it home to make a new black box for it (so much wider, we had to use all our energy to push the album in and pull out after decorating because it's thicker)
She also decorated the first few welcome pages. <3
New black cover. Original cover please see past post on the gift.
So today I went to her house to sign it, JY came too, while YP sent a computer-drawn signature. The lazy bum. LOL.
WQ came, I put the album into my bag, and then we set off for the 502 bus. Bus came at 9.30am. Changed bus at Komtar to 101. Reached Straits Quay at 11am.

Extremely hungry by then. Headed straight for Delicious, a cosy little cafe tucked at the far corner of the Straits Quay Mall. It was opened but we were the first customers. So we took the chance to take lots and lots of photos around the cafe. <3


Awesome bird cage lamps

Empty restaurant, perfect for photos.


During normal busy Saturdays and Sundays, the cafe is always full to the brim. I love it that there were no one there that time. I like people, but it's nice that we have the whole place to ourselves. And the photos are great too, no other people were caught in the frame, except for later when there were more customers.






We didn't have the English Tea as we wanted to (we came too early, it was for afternoon zzz), so we ordered the food separately. We had eggs Benedict with muffins, scones, a chocolate pavlova and a slice of cake (as WQ's birthday cake, LOL). For drinks we had a tall latte and a chocolate with marshmallows.


Tall latte!
Hahaha...coffee foam!
Chocolate with marshmallows
Real black pepper and salt rocks that you have to grind to get pepper and salt. Very fresh.
Food came REALLY quickly! It's like about 2minutes. First we ate the scones. Bit hard, but crunchy. I made a mess when putting the cream/berry preserves/butter though.
Scones with butter, preserves and cream. I'd like it better if the butter isn't like that...
WQ biting into a scone.
JM trying hard to balance the preserves on the fragile flaky scone.
Then we ate the egg muffins. This one is the best dish! Love the eggs oozing out. Love the soft muffin. Love the warmth. <3
Doesn't the dish look yummy??
Mmmm...looking at the yummy dish.

Then we had the chocolate pavlova. This was the funniest scene of all. WQ and I made loud clunking noises when our spoons hit the plate with a huge force. Why? Because we were thinking of it like a mousse, soft throughout. What we didn't know is that a pavlova has a crisp outer shell and soft inside. LOL.
It was a sweet dish. I love the crust, but the inside, not so much. The whipped cream was more than the actual inside of a pavlova. I wish the filling is more than the white cream, and a bit more chewy/spongy. The filling is too creamy. Not like a real pavlova.
See, too much of the white cream and not enough of the brown one, which is the real pavlova filling.

Next WQ opened the gift. =D Watch the video of it HERE. XD

She said she loved it, very touched and everything. She didn't want to read our little messages because she thought she might cry. LOL. 


Can't control laughter!! The waitress taking our photo is too funny, and not in a good way.


Ended up putting the camera on a timer.
Then we had the cake. It was very red...and not that special. JM said not that fresh either. We might have fared better with a normal moist chocolate cake. Hehe. Liked the mini macaronis on top though.
The round round sweets on top look absolutely cute!!
Making a wish on a slice of cake
Trying to blow the mini macaronis off the cake because there were no candles...haha
Cake-cutting moment!
Let me cut it too! XD
Checked out with a bill of RM80 something. Divided between JM and I. The guy gave me one less 5sen because he didn't have 5sen, but he didn't even let us know and apologised. =.= When we asked about it he gave us a 10sen with a black look. Wtf. He shouldn't have made the decision himself in the first place, but let us know and maybe I do have 5sen to return him for a 10sen right??? (In fact I have). 

We're 18, for god's sake. We know our rights.
Tissue napkin, obviously.

Later we took some photos outside. The place is really pretty and high class. Photo shooting, here we come!












We also went to visit Borders. I got two RM3 old books and a new box set. Borders there sells all the old stuff that comes from all the other Borders branches in Penang. So the whole store except the "recommended" shelf is on a 50% discount. My box set is from the full-priced shelf though. Cost me RM55.90, but it's like TWO books in a box with a bonus booklet of the world the story is set in, so I'm feeling its totally worth it. One book can cost the same price, especially bestsellers.
My Divergent box set! Am totally excited!


Then we took bus 101 back to Komtar, then 15mins waiting for 304. Reached QB, saw the CNY decorations at the South entrance so we took photos. Then headed to McD to get my ice-cream, and guess what? We saw HM eating there! LOL. She's working in QB now.


HM and yours truly with my ice-cream
Purchased an opaque pink nail colour from Elianto too. :D It's really pretty on short nails. I think short nails need opaque colour, while long nails look better with shimmery, transparent colour. And Elianto's nail colours are not expensive too. But it dries really slow, so have to be extra extra careful. I messed up a lot.

Hopped over to Padini to say hi to a few friends working there. I counted, and it's like four or five. LOL. Well the store is big. 
Went home afterwards and very sleepy. We rode four buses, so it was really tiring. 

But it was a nice celebration. =) This planning is a first for me. WQ even came over to my place to give me a slice of her birthday ice-cream cake. LOL. Thanks!

And of course you're welcome, WQ. :P Haha. Best friends forever~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)