Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Driving License Procedure 4.0

Many apologies for not updating. >.< Was a little busy (ok, a LOT) because I'm preparing a surprise birthday gift for a best friend. :P

I can't say anything right now because anything would give it away. Who knows if she will accidentally stumble upon this post. :P

So...lips sealed. Not even a breath. Hehe.
Anyway, this post is supposed to be about my driving. So, back to it. I finally got my license and finally get to my next driving practical. <3. I had been waiting for more than two weeks. :(

After my last episode of failed hill driving, I asked around my friends about the hill. The explanations they gave was simple enough, so I really don't know why I have so much trouble with it.

So this time I was DETERMINED to challenge the hill that left me frustrated for two weeks. :P

I went with WQ and JM this time. On my advice, JM has successfully speeded up her process by going to both Undang test and Theory same day like me. :) WQ was going her theory on this day. Uncle picked me up after picking up both of them, so I had to sit in front. T.T I was frozen to death because the air-conditioner was on full.

I was told to drive around a bit while Uncle got their ICs done. =.="""" Extremely embarrassing because the first time I drive around, I forgot 99% and the car kept on sputtering. The fact that there are SO MANY cars there (and slow slow some more) didn't help, rather it made everything worse. Cars keep on stop and died suddenly in front of me. =.="" And I was very tensed up as well.

After Uncle led me around a few times up the hill, I still quite fail. I improved, keeping my friends' explanations in mind, but kept being out of the box. So he let me rest while he taught JM. JM was quite ok. At first she stepped on the brake pedal too hard suddenly, and also lifted the clutch too much in the beginning, but after a few tries she improved a LOT.

We also drove around on our own for a while. Not as much as the last time when I was on my own. We both agreed that while Uncle is essential to teach us, we felt more relaxed when he isn't inside. Lol. JM also helped me with the hill. Her key roles:

  • Reminded me what to do next when I forgot or became panicked. 
  • Helped me confirm whether my car tyres are inside the yellow box.
  • Helped me listen for the first shudder. (One of the steps for going down hill)
  • Helped me feel for the sign that car is ready to move (Most crucial and difficult step)
  • Gave me confidence to release the handbrake when it was too tight =.="""
  • And the best of all, consistently calling out "Brake!!!" 2 seconds before the perfect moment. So I ended up perfectly in the box if I braked 2 seconds after. :P
I'm not sure how to describe the feeling when the car is ready to go downhill. For myself I felt that the tyres sort of will sink ever so slightly. JY described it as the car floating upward slightly. >.<""" While Uncle's interpretation is to listen to the second shudder, which is impossible because the accelerator was already so loud at the time. Whatever the "feeling" is, once you felt it and recognize it and able to relate to it every time, you're already halfway to success. 


After being quite good at the hill, Uncle let me drive out on the roads. >.< I was worried at first. Everyone do, I suppose. Haha. I took the easiest route first. Met two buses, some cars~ It was easier because there was only one traffic light the whole way. The A road is more difficult because it has more traffic lights, five I think. I'm not sure where the C road leads to, but I heard it was more difficult because it was a highway with fast-moving cars. 



It was reaaaally fun, the only worry was that I could not start moving again after stopping at the traffic lights. But twice I did okay, so~haha. ^.^After we went back JM and I practised some more, then WQ came to meet us after the theory and Uncle made her sit at the back (I was driving) =.="""

Tried the hill twice, and scared the crap out of WQ :P she said it was scary because I braked really hard. Haha. 

Uncle said JM is a good teacher, while as for me...>.< he gave me a prediction. 
He said I will be a fast driver in the future, the lap-car kind. (After asking my friend only I know that phrase means 飙车). >.< Very speechless. 
My family are all fast drivers. I don't like to drive slow nor like others to be slow. I'm sorta impatient most of the time. He said it's related to my personality.
Hahaha, a road sign in India.
That's all I guess! Next practical is on next Monday again! Am seriously excited! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)