Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Monday, December 24, 2012

Sherlock Holmes, On TV


God bless WY. Thanks to her, I am now obsessed with Sherlock Holmes, on TV.

LOL.







Read the short story collection of Sherlock Holmes AGES ago, back in primary school. I believe it was an abridged version, the words are all still old-style, but easier to understand.









There is a reason why Sherlock Holmes is one of the best-loved fictional detectives, and his books (by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle) are some of the best-written detective fiction of all time. They are timeless masterpieces, as like Agatha Christie's novels featuring the little Belgium detective, Hercule Poirot.

And though I've read so many more of Christie's guy than Doyle's, I'm still aware of the fact that Sherlock Holmes is an astute, intelligent detective who finds out the truths in the most baffling, puzzling cases ever. The fun part is where he (and dear old Poirot) reveals the truth. For me, the part of explaining the whys and hows and putting back the puzzle pieces in their own rightful position is as much fun as revealing the WHO-done-it.



Books are amazing, and my funny old friend (old as in long-time-ago, not grandfather-old) WY literally pushed my nose against the TV series of Holmes she has been obsessing over since god-knows-when. After pasting the link to me, her repeated "Are you watching?!?!" finally made me click on the stupid link and realized...it wasn't such a stupid link after all.

Left: Sherlock Holmes, Right: Dr. Watson
Hahaha. I still think the actor of Holmes looks too MUCH like Professor Snape in Harry Potter (you'll know who I'm talking about if you've even read/watch ONE of the Harry Potter books/films, pretty major character), but this guy is really funny and interesting to watch. I was already "LOL-ing" for the tenth time 20minutes into the show. Oh, and this is a modern Holmes. He doesn't smoke pipes anymore, but uses nicotine patches. LOL.

Watched this online, I don't have Astro so I don't know if it's airing there, but it would be downright impossible to hope for our hopeless TV1-TV9 to air it. As of till now there are only two seasons with three episodes each that last for 90mins, and am quite hoping they would make more episodes. That guy is really hilarious, and also has the marks of Sherlock Holmes on him. LOL.
 
Here's the link to the show, credit to WY:

CLICK HERE

I'm loving this series as much as I love the books, and that's saying A LOT, since I always hate most films that originate from books. Happy watching, peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)