Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Sunday, December 23, 2012

Driving License Procedure 3.0

Practical for 3 hours before getting the L license:

Final step before getting L! This one should be easy enough and had me very excited.

It was an afternoon session, the very next day after my undang test and theory lecture. My instructor came to pick me up, thumbprinted everything, got all the papers done, then started the practical session by teaching me all the very basics of the car.

Without releasing the handbrake, I was required to practise on all three pedals and the gear until I could do it naturally. This wasn't difficult as I had been "practising" with my mom's manual Proton Wira for a few times around my place.

Then, I was allowed to MOVE. The outer track is just a huge oval shape, so all I have to do is go round and round the track. Once I got the hang of the turnings, it was easy. Sometimes the car got slightly too much to the right, and sometimes I wasn't fast enough getting the steering back in its position, but I was okay with it. The only gripe is the speed was snail-ish, and that made me a little impatient. I was to brake at all times except straight parts where I was allowed to move at 15km/h. Oh well.

Instructor said I was very calm though. After a while I was left alone to drive on my own. It was boring, but fun. I accelerated as fast as I want to (obviously below 20km/h only), but I also get to speed up during turns, unlike before where I was required to slow down and brake until the car is almost stopping before turning. It was fun, staying in control of the car at a higher speed, knowing that I'm able to do things like that.

Even better is that the instructor could see everything that my car is doing right, but not able to see my driving style. Of course I know that I should follow his methods and also drive like a snail, but I'm just indulging myself a little. Didn't bump anyone even while stuck among a few cars, so I'm fine. I'll behave while he's in the car though.

At the very end, about 10 minutes before signing out, he came back and taught me the hill part.
Mission: To go up the hill, brake at the very top, make sure tyres are inside a yellow box, then go down the hill.
It's not easy, in fact it's kind of tricky with so many steps. And I was tired by then, driving non-stop for 3 hours around a boring track under afternoon sun can make people want to just stop and not learn anything new and difficult.

So my instincts are especially OFF and reactions very slow. I passed the mission like once out of six times. God. And I had to slide down three times because either the tyres aren't in the box or the car died in the middle of the climb and then slide down.

*sighs* Instructor was also a bit upset-like, maybe because my reactions suddenly become so slow and all-gone-wrong. I couldn't function well when he's calling out instructions. I think I fare better when I'm driving alone. Then I'm on the right track in my own mind and will be able to follow the instructions in my head, and also decide for myself during emergency situations. If he's calling out instructions, and my head doesn't know what to do, I'll end up doing the wrong thing. I don't know why I'm like that.

I wish he would just tell me what and what to do, then let me do it myself alone in the car~ *sighs* I know instructors are there to guide, but I don't know why I just do better when I'm doing it myself with instructions given first, and not during. I'm hoping he'll let me do just that the next time.

Major fail at the hill! And I haven't even learnt side parking and the corners yet. I'm feeling kinda behind people in the practical thing...how come I already see others doing all three "tests" besides driving around the track during their first practical session?????

Worried! Hoping I get to learn all 3 the next time besides getting on the road! I'm really behind! Could I practise well enough for all three plus on-the-road in 8hours??? I have a feeling that the hill alone would take me a lot of time.... :(

Getting my L license made now! Have to wait about a week for it to be done before being able to go for my next practice~

Note to self:
When instructor is in car:
1. BRAKE like hell all the time
2. Keep speed below 10km/h
3. Remember put all the signals at every turn
4. Hold the steering the way he wants it...(major difficulty!)
5. Do NOT put foot near accelerator while turning, BRAKE!!
6. Push the gear the way he wants it

When instructor is not in car:
You can dismiss all the steps aforementioned. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)