Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

First outing after SPM~

After about 5 months of quarantine in the vicinity of my small town, I finally get to go to QB with my friends. Which I very much looked forward to and very much enjoyed.

Day started with us waiting for each other and then for the bus that would take us to the shopping paradise and out of the town that was starting to get claustrophobic. Waited for a while before a bus came and we boarded it.

Took some pictures on the bus out of boredom. I sat with WQ while JY and JM sat together.

JM and JY
Our angle doesn't have much light~lol. WQ and yours truly.
We talked until the cows came home (or until we arrived, that is.). Surprisingly enough, we never run out of topics. I guess that's the difference between friends who clicked and acquaintances/classmates.

Anyway when we reached we headed first for the cinema to grab the best seats for Breaking Dawn. To be honest it was JM who dragged us all to watch, because I haven't seen the movies (finished the books like three years ago) and I didn't particularly want to watch. JY have never seen or read the saga, while WQ, well she might be just the only one who share JM's enthusiasm. LOL.

But I'm usually a good sport so I went along, and we bought the best centre seats at the very back of the cinema. Show starts at 12.30pm so we had about an hour plus to do some shopping.
Went to a comic/manga store near the cinema first, JY made her first purchase. Me too, but don't get me wrong, I still didn't see the point of manga, but I did like the white/black pig, and I snagged a keychain (for my future phone. How future it is I have no idea yet.)

Then we headed to Popular, where JM and JY had fun getting all the latest Chinese novels they want but rendering me and WQ bored because the English section is pitiful. So after a few minutes we went to Borders at the other end of the mall.

Got a huge big gigantic massive shock when we found out that Borders had moved from its corner space to the space beside its original location. It used to be quite large, having a big corner for Starbucks with a nice seaview, and a large space to house all the wonderful books.

Now it moved to a much smaller spot, and with two different shop sections inside it (one of them Starbucks), it became so MUCH smaller.

WQ and I felt SO DEVASTATED. >.<

Sigh. Well anyway I continued to support Borders by purchasing three books (RM95) from it. I bought: Beautiful Redemption, I Am Number Four and Scorpia Rising.



 

Beautiful Redemption is the finale for the Beautiful Creatures series, which I've been SO looking forward to.


I Am Number Four is a novel that has been looking interesting for quite a while, and it even has its own film some time back, so I've picked it up.

And I've also gotten Scorpia Rising which is an Alex Rider novel (the last one, actually), which is a different genre from the other two books (so I get a balanced book diet :P) All books will be further talked about, reviewed and posted once I sink my teeth into them.

Then we went to nail salons to ask about how much does a manicure cost, and it turns out that a BASIC manicure cost RM20, and if we want any colour, one base colour is RM12, while other designs are charged differently.
And a French manicure cost RM50. That's it, I'll just get a clear colour and a white colour and do my nails myself before I become some kind of millionaire, thank you very much.
So we comforted ourselves by going to Elianto, and trying all the nail colours there. I bought a clear colour with glitter. It's not a fine shimmery glitter, it's a bit more like glitter glue, where the glitter are extremely tiny but discernible pieces. Perhaps I'll get a shimmery one next time.

Left is nail strengthener right is the glitter clear colour
After all, I'm not very daring when it comes to nail polish colours.
I can only stand pink, nude and clear.
No blue, green, yellow, orange or HORROR BLACK. As much as I love black, I still can't accept it. Unless there's some kind of pretty design on top.

Then we continue on to watch Breaking Dawn~ it was pretty good actually, better than what I expected. The movie plot was not bad, and everything was shot beautifully, especially the opening before the movie and during the battle in the snow. Renesmee looked adorable as a child, Bella has polished up herself looking and acting better, Edward looked literally deathly pale (honestly he looked so much better in the earlier films), and Jacob had very attractive eyes. Hahaha. We laughed at the funny scenes ("You look unusually well-preserved" was a sentence we laughed to death) and the scene of Aro laughing like a banshee had me doubled over laughing so hard I warmed myself in the shivering cold. =.= Battle scenes were great but not gory, everyone had no hesitation in decapitating each other. It was an enjoyable movie, better than the books anyway, but then I've finished it so long ago, so it's kinda biased. Haha.
This is a really nice poster! Bella's eyes look creepy though.

Edward looks horrible in this one.
She's so cutie!! Renesmee Cullen
Here's Mackenzie Foy (she plays Renesmee Cullen, and she's really cute in real life too!)
Coming out from the cinema we had our lunch at Paddington, where we were served a giant serving of food, so much until I committed the sin of wasting food. But I was really full, and the garlic gravy (I didn't know what the taste meant until JM refused to help me eat because of it) was too overwhelming. Had the yummy dollar pancake-banana-strawberry dip in chocolate~ YUM! Pity was I was MUCH TOO FULL to finish the pancakes. SIGH. Next time, I'll just get it enough.
JM and JY's

Mine and WQ's





 Then we went to Neway~and sang for 3 hours straight. WQ played with her new phone, while JM, JY and I took turns to sing (or together). I know almost all the songs we picked, so it was nice. JY's voice was so loud (she's notable for that) that she didn't even need to use microphones and still beat our voices in terms of volume. Lol. We had some tidbits but didn't touch them (another act of wasting food) because we were too engrossed in singing. The drinks were finished fast though as we lost and recover our voices time after time throughout the 3 hours.



陶醉~ XD

What kind of expression is this?! Haha..

Singing...then..

Hey! Taking pic! XD

I'm glad I could reach some of the highest notes in falsetto. I've come such a long way since my first choir audition which placed me in Alto because I couldn't sing high enough to be in Soprano. JJ always said it's harder to be Alto than Soprano because low notes are difficult in their own way, but well, this just goes to show how we envy each other. Haha. High notes are easy for her after all...But like the choir seniors said, once you start training your voice, you'll be able to reach a wider range no matter what section you're originally in. I can't sing them in a beautiful voice, but being able to reach them is all I've been aiming for, haha.

Out of Neway, we bought bottles of nail strengthener (which doubles as a base coat) before heading out to wait for the bus. Unfortunately, the bus was not on time (we came out at 7 and waited till 7.30 before our bus arrived). Even more unfortunately, the bus was FULL. A few got off, a huge wave of humans want to get on. So we waited for the next bus. The next one came 10mins later. Same scenario. Those people are like starved animals who hadn't seen food for months and the bus looks like a feast to them. We didn't get on, and panicking by the minute, producing crazy plans such as:
-Riding another bus to the airport and back on our bus at there
-Taxi
-Walk
Thank goodness we didn't have to do any of the above because a half-filled bus came at 7.50pm and since the crazy people already took the first two buses, we got on this one easily. Reached JM's house at 8.40 something and got back to my house at 9pm.



Hmph expression. Haha. See how dark it is outside.




We've been out for 12hours, and had the horrifying experience of nearly stranded in QB. It was a first for me. Another first is that I've been out until so late. The biggest first of all is that I got no scolding from parents after coming back THAT LATE. Even shocking enough, all of us didn't get scold.

I guess there's more freedom now, haha. I had a great day, thanks to you all! =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)