Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Shopping/Eating Spree @ 1st Avenue & Prangin


I've broken a few records today:

  • First time going to so many malls in one day: 1st Avenue, Prangin, QB.
  • First time eating so many things during shopping with friends
  • First time spending so much money in one day
  • First time buying almost a complete outfit in one day
  • First time my phone (not my Xperia of course) went dead after just a few minutes usage
LOL. Day started with a 502 bus as usual. On the way there JY told us how her car collided with another car on the way to JM's house at the roundabout. We all agreed that the other person did wrong, but at that time JY was already nervous and scared, so she paid RM100 to the guy (for nothing) and suffered a minor car dent at the front. She was really upset about herself so we agreed to shop until we drop (or at least until she feels better)

Reached Komtar, walked to 1st Avenue first to find Abel (he's working part time at Sony Centre) to ask him about lunching together. It was about 11am. He said his break time was 12.30pm. So we left in search of something light to ease our hunger first before shopping. They decided to eat at 600cc so we went in there. Food arrived pretty quickly. The food isn't that special, ok only. If you want something great, don't go there. If you're starved, I guess it doesn't matter where you go, every place tastes good. LOL. Took some photos for my blog. Everyone quite cooperative, haha. =D


Oyster mee. Super super sour because they added too much vinegar

Oyster omelette with black pepper sauce. I felt it was too salty. The others thought it was ok. But there are much better ones out there definitely.
Forgot what kind of noodles this is. Quite ok, at least not too sour/salty. But nothing special. 
Mango ice. This one quenched our thirst. Love the ice-cream, but it's basically just ice with mango puree. Nothing special.
Hahaha, look at us sharing our food together. =) Would've love this pic if only it's not so blur.
Share share! <3

Left: JY. Right: JY's younger sister, SK. 
Me and JM.
Then we started shopping. It's pointless to go into details about shopping actually. Prangin is a great place to shop, provided you have plenty of cash with you. It's not a place for those with limited budget. You'll NEVER realize that you spent all your money. Seriously. If you don't want to be tempted to spend, stay away. It's better to be at QB or Gurney where the price is rocket-high, you won't be able to afford anything.
I brought my brown skirt along to match with a blouse. Successfully purchased a brass coloured chiffon blouse (very trendy now, chiffon) to go with it. I'm not sure if it'll look great. They say it looks good, but I'll need a black clincher before the outfit is complete. JY bought a T-shirt with a unique design. Both of our purchases cost RM29.90.

We browsed the store so long until it was already 1pm (earlier we texted Abel saying we would meet him for lunch at 1), so we hurried in search of a way to 1st Ave. Unfortunately Prangin is absolutely like a maze for us who don't go there often, so ended up Abel coming to Prangin because we couldn't find the way to go 1st Ave. LOL.

We ate at a place called The Oasis. Food isn't that great either (hawker centres and road stalls still have the BEST food ever) but it was cheap so there was a lot of people. We had to wait for a table and wait even longer for food to arrive. =.= JY and I accompanied Abel to find a suitable collared shirt for CNY but collared shirts are way too expensive. So we went back to the table empty-handed to find that the table is still empty. =.= 

Can you believe mashed potato is served like ice-cream? =.= I like Dave's Deli's mashed potato much more.
Abel, me and JY. =D
After lunch Abel rushed back to work and we girls rushed back to shopping. =P Wahaha~ we had another round of purchase at another shop. JY and I bought the same blouses (LOL) but different colours. Hers is pink while mine is light orange. JM also bought a blue and white dress after we persuaded her that it looks nice on her and it's a great deal at RM25. Everything is priced at RM25 in that shop. 

After clothes are settled, we made bag purchases. Actually I bought it WAY later than JM. She bought a black shoulder bag. I got the white equivalent after I got the shoes. Shoe purchase was done first at Prangin then 1st Ave. JM bought her grey and white flower flats at Prangin for RM49.90 I think. At first I had my eye on flats, but there was no stock left for my size. Zzz. So we went to 1st Ave in search of flats. Ended up purchasing a pair of black and white flower wedges because it's way prettier than the light yellow flats I initially chose. It cost RM54 something. LOL. >.< But that was a decision I didn't regret, because I could use some height. Haha. Just hope it's comfortable enough, especially during shopping. JY and her sister bought pink polka dots sneakers to share among themselves, haha.

Borrowed RM20 from Abel to buy the white bag because I didn't have enough at the moment. I didn't bring all my savings out, but close enough. >.< feeling super uneasy now that I spent so much. Never mind. Money will be rolling in again during CNY. This is one of the best things of CNY. LOL. What other celebrations give out cash as a traditional practice, right?

We got some mini oval-shaped muffins with corn puree inside to eat. It was really expensive at RM5 for 10, even though it's hot! I super love the machine that made it. Everything is automatic, from the pouring of batter and corn to the baking. The metal containers worked along a track. Pity I forgot to take a photo. It's an awesome machine.

Later we rode 304 to Tesco Extra near my old house where I received a purchase from a seller. =D It's sort of a secret, so I can't say anything. Then we rode 308 to QB. Had a yummy kind of Indian food (forgot the name) at Hot n Roll. We also met HM at Giordano, her working place. =) Had quite a long chat with her.

Finally, we rode 401E back to Balik Pulau. Exhausted by then. 401E was FULL of people, especially foreigners. >.< Super duper exhausted, lugging our purchases everywhere. Lol. But it was a fun shopping spree, and also we got to eat lots of stuff. Haha. We really should plan an eating spree one day. XDD

That's all! Did not take any of the photos of my purchases because planning of having another post of all my CNY purchases. XD Plus I still can't read Ethan's CF card~ =.= And the best photos come from him. <3

Till then,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)