Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Driving License Procedure 10.0 (The Final Test)

Finally, finally. The final test! >.<
This will be the last driving license procedure post, as it's the last thing in the procedure. :)
Lining up. Only part of the mass there. O.o

I was quite worried but not that scared the day before the test (yesterday). Like what I said yesterday, I completed everything quite perfectly, with minor mistakes. Nevertheless it's still a worrying thing. I posted a Facebook status saying that I'm ready for what comes may, but in truth, I'm not. Lol.

Well anyway many people saw that so I couldn't back down now right? I have to prove to them that I'm ready. :) Day started with an argument with Mom but it concluded quite ok. >.< Four people in uncle's car today, two others took Undang test while YP and I JPJ driving test.
God, the Undang feels like a century ago. Haha. We were glad that the car was repaired in time. I don't want to be stranded again, nor sit other cars (this one feels like a good friend now...hehe)

Anyway we registered at the counters, then waited for the test to start. Met Eddie and BZ. People there amounted to 205 people excluding people testing for motor, can you believe it?! OMG. I read the list, and guess what, I saw two of my best friends from kindergarten! Were best friends I mean. Jet Shen and Xu Huang. Can you believe it? I have JS's facebook, one of my primary friends know him, but XH! Omg. I haven't seen him ever since the last day of kindergarten. We used to be really close, they were my best friends together with two other girls. >.<
Waiting for the inside test.

Daniel and Eileen, CHC friends were there too. Funny right, I never expected driving lessons would be a place to see a lot of long-time-no-see friends. :D I acknowledged them all but not JS and XH. I didn't see JS at all, but I did see XH. He took a retest and passed. :D And, he still looks very much like his much younger self, 12 years ago. Facial features, everything. So it was easy to recognize him. Haha. I've got my best friends looks memorized. All those from kindy till now.

Back to driving. We got our number tags (we were in Sesi 2, I was 53, YP 52). Sesi 1 got 70 people, Sesi 2 got 60, while Sesi 3 got about 30. So we're near the end. Went to listen to a short talk about what to remember and look out for. Then we were asked to wait at the waiting area near the hill. The Cemerlang instructors lined up the cars at the hill, Viva one lane, Kancil the other. We get to pick our car model. YP, BZ and I picked Kancil, while Eddie took Viva.

Testing cars lining up at the hill. This side is Viva's.
Due to a large number of people wanting Kancil, we had to wait quite a long time. Z. I got into my Kancil and followed the line. Surprisingly enough, you don't need gas to move the car. You just have to lift the clutch a bit. Even on flat roads. Can you believe it? And the car won't go dead. >.< It's great, but I still couldn't forget my lessons, so I still stepped on gas but controlled it like usual. One of the Cemerlang instructors (looks like a sunbear) was like:" tak perlu minyak punya" and I was like "saya diajar perlu ma" then he says "ok lo, tapi jangan langgar orang" haha.

I had plenty of time to get used to the clutch. It was a good car because it has a more similar clutch to Uncle's car. At least MUCH better than the QTI one. So I was thankful. Hill test was first, as usual. I took a deep breath, looked at the JPJ tester at the tower for a signal, then drove up the hill. Braked in time, loved the perfection of my tyres 100% in the middle of the yellow box. Wahaha! I was worried that I would be quite bad at the hill because my recent estimations weren't perfect.

See the card up on the Kancil far off? That's our number.
JPJ tester (why can't they wear plain clothes? All the uniforms made me nervous...) gave a nod, so I went down the hill. One down! The next one was the parking. The traffic warden asked me to go to one of the parking spaces that I've never practised on before. I was confused at first, then I purposely stopped in the middle and waited. He came up, motioned me over, but then changed his mind and let me park at one of the usual spaces because the car using it left.

Thank God. I parked halfway before realizing the side mirror was way up and I couldn't see anything. >.< But I couldn't reach over, so I reversed in and took the front of the car as a guide, braking when the car was straight. Then, I stopped the car completely and safely, then climbed all over inside to look at every angle. XD Then only I held up a hand. Tester gave an affirmative wave, and I got out safely. Wahaha. Two down.

Car for outside test. With the warning sign and light.
The last one was the 3-point and the hardest of all. Primarily because only three movements are allowed, and there is no second chance. At the hill, there is a second chance, and you can do a lot of movements for parking. Unfortunately I couldn't drive straight in like I wanted to, because there was a car inside. =.= Ended up I had to wait outside the 3-point (stopped at a weird angle, was SO scared about that). I tried my best to straighten the car before going in, then waited a few seconds before turning into the dead end, then stopped. Great that my car was more to the left, because I can easily get out like that rather than too much to the right. :D , as my car's head would cross the yellow line on the right when reversing out.
I turned half less than usual, reversed out, then turned fully when the back tyres were free from the left line. :D Then the rest was easy. I stopped at the wrong place outside the track though lol. >.< Anyway I passed perfectly for the inside test! Yay! XD YP also passed. :D In fact Eddie and BZ also passed. LOL.

Car for outside test with a sign warning other drivers.
Next we waited for the counter to call my name for the outside test. Believe me, the next few hours was pure waiting torture. All of us almost fell asleep. It was so hot and we were sweaty and no mood for any reading although YP and I brought books. Unfortunately at 1pm the JPJ guys stopped for lunch, until 2pm. Argh. We waited morosely for them to finish eating and talking. The worst thing was the HEAT. And even after they came back, there were tons of people before me. :'( I was dying right there. Totally bored and tired and hot and headache too.


It was over 3.30pm when my name was called and we moved to the line up area and at least got to queue up. Before that we just waited around for our number to be called. Now at least we get to queue. My turn arrived pretty quickly then. It was a Viva like all others. I got in, did all the necessary checks, then started driving out. I went B road, thank God. The car was okay actually. But the problem was the tester kept on telling me to drive faster, step more gas, no need to brake, blablabla, like he couldn't find a way to shut up. Because it was late and there were still many people. He was 100% rude and made me so headache until I forgot to put signal, and then he scolded for that. Wtf. Can't you let me drive IN PEACE (and tranquility =.=)?
Yay! Passed my JPJ test! =D
*sighs* This made me feel like it was my worst driving. Grrr. I ignored him all the way unless he asked a question. That's it. I went back safely, thanked him (for nothing), and got out. I passed anyway. But I couldn't stand him one second longer. =.=

So that's it! YP passed too. Everyone passed. :D Happy for all of us. Uncle said YP's family must have prayed for her a lot because she was always VERY lucky. She drove badly during practices but passed with flying colours during real tests. Haha. She's one funny cat.

Yay! I passed everything! :D License could only be done after CNY, because Uncle went holidaying. >.< Never mind, it's not like I get to drive at once right. I can wait it out. No more pressure! :D
Thanks to everyone who supported, encouraged, advised, helped me in any and every way, big or small.
I owe everything to you people. You guys rock! ^.^
Cheers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)