Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Friday, May 17, 2013

Unique 18th Birthday Gifts 4 Besties

:DDD

I absolutely love giving gifts. I don't really care what is it, whether expensive or not so expensive, but the gifts have to be: personalized, special, meaningful and beautiful.

I love receiving gifts. I don't mind whatever it is, but extra points for something I have really, really wanted forever and for some reason not able to get it, something I have mentioned that I want, or something that is personalized especially for me.

But receiving gifts isn't something you can sit around and wait for, people must love you and care enough to give. Therefore this year gifting has turned into a fun hobby for me, and all you lucky, lucky best friends are blessed. :P

This year, I'm giving gifts early! It doesn't matter if your birthday is in January or December or somewhere in between, you'll still get something from me right about now. :D

Why, you ask? Hmm. Well obviously it's due to the fact that I'm leaving for KL in the first week of July. *omg my birthday..sobs*
And I practically have nothing to do, so it was fun scouring for the prettiest things I could find and trying to make them extra-special. ;)

Yeah, yeah, you guys are blessed. :P

Since some of them are slightly more expensive for my budget, for example say RM50, I've pulled a few friends to chip in. Say there are 5 people who's willing to get a gift for a certain person. That would make each person RM10 and that's much more reasonable. Plus it'll be one perfect, thoughtful gift rather than five cheap stuff. :)
And I'm offering my "professional" gift-searching-and-customisation service for free. :P

Here are some of the gifts I've given out!
*if you think you're my bestie and you can't find yours here, no worries. It just means I haven't found the perfect one for you yet. :D*

#1: For WQ: Our Memory Album! <3
Read the full post of her birthday gift HERE. Some shots of her gift.


The cover
Our birthday wishes
Sample of one of the album pages


#2: For JY:
Necklace with her name on a charm <3.
Sketched the necklace placements roughly and the person did it up for me. <3
With a red resin bow, beads, daisy links and birds, a very springtime feel. ;)
Birds signify freedom, 18 is the adult age. + everyone's flying away, here's hoping JY can reach her dream.
Graphic of the charm before printing

Original completed design.

Details on one side of the chain
 We cut the length of the necklace and changed the position of the red Swarovski heart after deciding that it would be lost hidden behind the charm.




The pretty bamboo box for it!
Receiver!
Sorry for the bad lighting, we were in Neway.


#3: For JM: Gold-plated violin USB pendrive.
She loves violins, so this would be like the most perfect, prettiest, practical gift for her! Awesome right!

Separate case, it was quite an old one but very pretty and matches the present perfectly.

See her name engraved on a plate?



#4: For YP: A picture book of babies and cats with the same poses on every spread page. :D Saw this during a clearance sale by Borders, and since it's so cute and doesn't cost much, got it for YP the cat lover. :D
Since the original jacket cover was torn, JM and I took it off and made our special cover design on the hard cover.

Sample page



Final cover! Front
Back cover :D




#5: For JJ: Personalized keychain and a pencil case! :D
Actually I didn't plan on the pencil case but I got it anyway after seeing it at Popular :P
But the special part is the keychain 'cause I designed it the way I wanted and the person made it up for me. <3

Before process

Final product! <3

Very pretty right!
Sorry that they put the wrong quote, it should be Live Your Dream. They corrected it for me afterward. :)

Here's what it meant:
JJ on the left and right are the initials of my friend.
On the left are a dog charm and a mattte orange heart, signifying the playful and easygoing side of her.
On the right are a music charm and a orange-red Swarovski heart, signifying the serious, talented side of her.
Joined up with a blooming flower of hope and a cluster of different beads of varying shapes, sizes and colours, signifying the complexity and richness of life's many goals and hopes and dreams.
Blended in a fusion mainly of bright orange, as well as coral red and soft pink. 'cause JJ's favourite colour is orange. :)
At the bottom is a star, a footstep and a quote.
Live your dream, and with every step, reach for the stars. <3

Here's the extra, the pencil case. Fitting "bon voyage" quote, don't you think, since we're going our separate paths now? ;)
If you noticed, the original zipper also has brass charms! <3
Note that they're ALL girls. It's so much easier to give a girl a special gift, but much easier to give a guy any gift. LOL. ;)
Love you all besties! <3

4 comments:

  1. Awwwww... <3 :P Now I know the meaning of the keychain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice presentation about 18th birthday present.
    18th Birthday Present Ideas for boys

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Happy Birthday to you! Enjoy this day with free birthday deals! Bdayo.Com was created with one goal in mind to help our users enjoy, celebrate, and remember their birthday! Bdayo allows you to find unlimited amount of Birthday Freebies in your area and offer unique features to help you learn more about that special day!

    ReplyDelete

Do let me know what you think! :)