Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Sunday, May 26, 2013

Of Temples and A Wheel of Fortune

"When I worship, I would rather my heart be without words than my words be without heart."
-Lamar Boschman.

I love places of worship.
And no, I don't mind if it's a church, or a temple (whatever it is, Sri Lanka, Burmese, Siamese...), or even a mosque (can't say the last one for sure because I haven't been there LOL)

Because all of them have the same feeling of calm, peace and tranquility.
I adore churches. They're always so quiet and peaceful. The silence is worth its weight in gold. Being there is like the nearest you can get to be with God. And it's so easy to reflect and ponder deeply about life, and what have you done and not done throughout your life. You can just sit there and meditate/just think in peace.
For temples, you'd have to do a bit of research. You won't find peace at very popular tourist temple sites. Those temples will probably be choke full of people and the incense smoke will literally make you cry. Head for those temples where you're not allowed to burn incense and talk loudly. Less popular places also mean less people, so you can think in peace.

Visited two kinds of temples today, and nope, they aren't the ones where you buy joss sticks, pray at a thousand parts of the temple and offer several sticks to each part, and then burn your paper gold and go home. I did that many times though, and still do. It's worst during special festivals like Chinese New Year. The crowd is humongous.

First my parents went to check out our car, the one whose butt got hurt in a car accident. Almost done, just need to put on the bumper and spray paint it. Probably okay by next week, yay! :)


And then we visited the famous temples on Burma Road. Penang.
A lot of tourists come here, all the time. It's one of the must-see tourist sites in Penang. Being locals we just went in, prayed, had the monks shower us with the holy water, donated, and then come out. Although there are a lot of tourists, it's much more peaceful here, because they don't burn incense. LOL.
This is the new large statue. Really huge. Lotus candles are offered.
Been here. :P
This was at the opposite temple, the Sleeping Buddha one.
Yes, this one.
Lotsa people, lotsa candles.
This is the famous Wheel of Fortune. I've been loving this all my life. :D
I have a thing for the wheel of fortune at the temple. It's very easy, just ask your question, put in your 50sen coin, and there's this light that goes around and around until it stops at a "random" number. Then you take the paper with your number on it and read the supposed answer to your question.

Is it true? No one knows. But it is fun, and I do it every time I go there. To preserve the "real" feel, you can't play more than once, and you can't read other numbers. Just read yours. 

I asked about my near future actually. My number is 15 this time. It's supposed to be a very lucky number, according to the paper. "Whatever you are intending to do will be good and successful", and "your family will get good health and happiness"...
Great then. I can now decide without fear. :D

And there was this part that made me laugh out loud. "You are lucky in love affairs. It seems that many people love you and are trying to chase after you but you may not yet realize about this."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA. Oh really. I am lucky? Did they leave out the "un-" in front?
*but then, I'm asking about my near future, not current situation I guess*
And I do realize, but unfortunately I'm so not into any of them. :(
One right one is worth many wrong ones. :/

What a pity for that luck, since I'm aiming focus on studies now. Hahaha. Please come back in my not-so-near future, thank you very much.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)