Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Nandaka Vihara Meditation Site and a Meditating Butterfly



Visited this very very very peaceful meditation site in Kulim, Kedah.
It is nestled far away in the forest actually, hence the tranquil setting perfect for meditation. 
We had to use GPS to find it. If not we'd surely miss the branch road as it is only a small road branched from the main road and we didn't expect it. 

There isn't an exact entrance, rather the entrance is on the right with a Chinese temple off the small road, and still 200m onward before reaching the actual meditation site. 

The wide meditation area. 
Not sure if it's because of the simple peace there, but I encountered a butterfly upon the meditation area, which miraculously did NOT fly away when I came very near it. O.O
It even hopped around. I thought it was hurt, but later it flew away easily after some people walked up to it.

Managed to take close-ups of the pretty butterfly with a phone, no zoom. Miracle.
Maybe it's meditating. Hahaha.






Visited the surroundings of the place. Lush with greenery and very quiet.

Lots and lots and lots of fish.
Entrance to a hill path up to see the Buddha relics
There are meditation chalets for people who don't want to go home, haha
Destination :D

Selfshot #1: Don't look nice today, so only took very few photos with me in it. Not passable for posting.
Relics. Can't get near it. Door is locked, this is taken from one of the holes in the door. 
What can I say. Sometimes we do get bored.
*damn, miss my lens. This is what happens when laziness takes over. :(*
The trail. It's uphill and downhill, so might need a bit of energy. :)
Parents. <3
Too far too small too bright to see me in detail! Hahahaha.
*hair still not long enough :(*
It's a perfect place to meditate, it's so quiet. And apparently you cannot use phones. Meditation sessions are held every Friday night.
For me, I'm still a hot-blooded young thing, hahahaha so it's not for me, yet. Maybe, when I'm much older, and have done everything I want in life and have nothing else I want to do, then perhaps it's time for some deeeeeep self-reflection and meditation. I believe it brings peace to our inner self though, so if you're troubled then maybe you should do some kind of meditation. ;)

If you wanna visit, be sure to have a GPS. Although it stopped functioning after going off the small road with the chinese temple on the right. =.= No worries, just go straight on for about 200m and you'll see the sign.
But GPS is still useful for main roads and such. Be sure to turn into Jalan Kolam on the left off the main Kulim road. It's not obvious though, you'd have to look out for it. There's a stall selling Malay food right at the road entrance though.

Happy meditating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)