Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Monday, August 26, 2013

Never Knew This Is Quantum Physics


So mind-blown today.

I didn't even know what I've been thinking and wondering about for so many many years is called Quantum Physics. In fact I thought I was the only one weird enough to think about things like questioning my own existence. And even if I were to guess, I would never have picked Physics as the field it would be in. Physics is so...logical and mathematical, and proving our existence is so...philosophical.

So I was dazed for an hour after our IB Physics teacher (I'm not in his class though) announced within my hearing distance that quantum physics has a theory about parallel universes and that something only exist and is definite if we observe and focus on it.


As a child I've always wondered if people and things actually exist when we're not physically with them. For example, if I'm away from my family, are my family still there? Doing all the things that they're doing when I was there? Or do they exist only when I'm with them?
I've also wondered am I really here, in this world, looking at this definite object, being conscious of my existence in this space? I find that I can't focus too long on this thought, because if I do, I get really really confused and start to feel non-existent, like feeling that I'm not actually here at all, these people around me aren't actually real at all.
And I get very disorientated, so I stop.


And sometimes I even wonder if those cars on the road that pass by me, if I can't see their drivers, are they really there? And say I'm sitting in a restaurant near my college, but the college isn't in my field of vision. Does it only physically exist when I walk toward it and it comes into my vision? Is the space outside of the room I'm in a nothingness until I walk out of the room?

I know, these are disturbing questions. But I've always thought of them since I was in primary school. Like 8 or 9. But I never knew that part of what I was pondering about is called "quantum physics", something that has been popularised to be one of the most difficult subjects to understand out there.


So yeah. Totally stunned for a long time and after when my friends and I went for lunch, we discussed about it over fried rice, and came to the conclusion that life is just a lie. HAHAHA.
So don't take life too stressed and too seriously, just live it the way you want it to be. :)

Reading up on theories of Quantum Physics for fun. ;)
This is so interesting. I'll write something about it later when I've finished the article. :)
Now I can add another to my ever-growing list of interests haha.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)