Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Ethan's Photography: KL Bird Park Part 1/3


This post has been delayed for a long time because I almost forgot to post it up. Ethan was "complaining" the other day that I never posted about it. I've been scheduling posts for the whole of July, so there's no space for new posts except continue scheduling. Fyi, he's my DSLR. Yes I gave my camera a name because we're very close. 

Went to the Bird Park in KL last month with him, which is said to be the largest free-flight aviary in the world. This means that some of the birds are free to fly and walk around anywhere in the park, because there are nets high up. So it's like we're walking inside a great cage. It is an interesting place with natural gardens and lots of birds.


This is Part 1 of a 3-part posts. There are way too many photos to include, 147 in total, after discarding the rotten ones. >.<"""""
Ethan is especially excited because he has never taken bird photographs before. And this is an amazing place to learn because many of the birds are not afraid of people and won't fly away when you go near them. Also many birds stay in place for a long time so Ethan has all the time he needs to snap that pose. ;)



Entrance fee cost RM25 for MyKad holders, foreign tourists need to pay twice that price I think.


We're here! Let's go!
First up it's the Love Aviary, where there are lots of colourful lovebirds and parakeets. They are very cute and always in pairs. <3






Sign reads: Welcome to Kuala Lumpur Bird Park



This is how the inside looks like. There's netting above.


Stork Area. These white birds can walk and fly around freely.














Peacock! Peacocks can move around freely too.


Yes that's a real bird.
Parrot, parakeet and cockatoo. For photography.
 No idea what these birds are called.

Real bird standing on top of fake birds. LOL. I love its "expression". It looks like standing guard.
A bit like the penguins in Madagascar. Or Perry the Platypus. 


Scrambling to eat
This is sooooo cute! It's a toucan right? <3
I SO love owls. I think they're awesome. It's sleeping.

This is the photography section where you can choose the birds you like and have a picture taken with them.

Since I'm bringing Ethan out as a treat, I might as well let him grab a photo of me with the birds. ;)
I chose a bald eagle and an owl. I so wanted the toucan too but only two birds maximum. So sad. :/
The parrots are very colourful but I wanted some special birds. You know me. 

Ethan caught me looking at the eagle in a doubtful manner. See the toucan at the back? :D
Trying to smile properly....LOL.
Ignore my expression please. Owl is trying to sniff my hair seriously.
Ok maybe it's not a good idea to use a shampoo with a fruity scent that day. :/
Love this photo the most! ;)
Coming up on Part 2: World of Parrots where I get to feed lorries! (it's a parrot species, not the cars). 
Part 2 will be posted in a couple more days. So stay tuned! Here's a peek at the sign outside:


P.S: All photos 100% unedited except for the addition of watermark. (too many photos + I'm a lazy bum)

Cheers and love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)