Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Friday, August 2, 2013

A Lightheaded Morning (Poem)


A lightheaded morning,
My world whirls around
In swirling colours.
Like a rainbow caught in a tornado,
Spinning, spinning, spinning.
Is the Earth
flinging, flinging, flinging me 
Off its surface?


-Michelle Tuan


(We're doing poem analysis in my English HL class now...so I'm a bit fascinated with poems [and their super abstractness @@ @@])
I'm not a poet though. It's just written for fun spontaneously. I was super dizzy this morning until I couldn't even sit up in bed properly. Thank God my class for Thursday is at 930 and not 830. :D 

Anyway, it's probably a bad poem. Haha. I have no idea how a good poem is like, as it's as subjective as abstract art.

Love,

2 comments:

  1. This was a great poem. Where did you get the dizzy bird image? I'm making an android application and would like to use it in my application if that's okay? It's non profit and I would give you credit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there!
      Thanks for the compliment :)
      Sure, of course you may use it! I got it off somewhere which I've forgotten though. Good luck on making your app!
      Michelle

      Delete

Do let me know what you think! :)