Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

I Am A Little Girl (Poem)


I am a little girl
Candies, teddies and fairies
I believe all
Promises

I am a little girl
Skipping along in delight
Slippery, slippery, slipped!
Mud splatters
On my white frock 

Tears 
Shimmering in blue, blue eyes
Sparkling in the morning rain
Hitting the concrete
Shattering, 
Into a million facets
Cutting,
My reflection 

I can still hear you
I can still see you
In my memories
I can still remember
Listen
Did you? Didn't you?

I am a little girl
I run; I fall
I laugh; I cry
Loudly. 

I am a little girl
In the bitter cold
Under the melting snow
Curled like a disappointed earthworm
Weak streams of yellow
But there is no rainbow
Spring is not, is not near.

I am a little girl
That entrusts an earthworm
To the rainbow
And pray it will make its way
To the pot of gold.

I am only a little girl
Who wholly believes in
Promises
You know
Happily Ever Afters.

No more! No more.
The little girl has grown up.


1 comment:

Do let me know what you think! :)