Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Thursday, November 24, 2011

The Pilot’s Wife—Review



I borrowed this book for the sake of reading. And I was interested about the title, since DL’s first ambition is a pilot. You know.

Well anyway this book, written by, is suffocating. Just…suffocating. It gets worse and worse and when you reach the point where Kathryn, the main character learnt of the truth that was hidden from her all the time, you’ll let go of a breath that you never thought you were holding.

And then the tears came.

Oh God I don’t even know why I picked this book in the first place.

It’s suffocating, and it makes me cry. And it makes me think, are all men that way?

Kathryn is a pilot’s wife, who was devastated when her husband died in a plane crash. She knew he was a good pilot, and it was not merely a pilot’s error. She tries to find out the truth about the crash, while trying to contain her grief, remembering the bittersweet past and moving on in her life with their daughter.

She remembered how he had fallen in love with her at first sight, how their age gap never troubled them, how sweet he had been to her. Some years after they were married, he would leave home for days, come home for a while and then leave again. He started to become busier, missed all of the important occasions, and when he was at home, he’d be fixed on his computer and TV. They got into more and more fights, but she ruled it all down to his fatigue and unpredictable working hours being a pilot.

Once he was gone, she began to find out about him, what he had been doing all along, and unearth some complicated and heart-wrenching issues…

Honestly, this is a tear-jerking novel. ><

Recommendation: 4 Stars

~Yuen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)