Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Friday, November 11, 2011

NaNoWriMo is here!! Again!!

And yes, November looms (I know...it's already nearing the end of the second week...)...and tens of thousands of budding writers and novelists are slaving away at their NaNoWriMo goals.
The NaNoWriMo forums are always exploding in November...it's not quite sleepy during other months (especially December when the fun is over), actually, but if you want more help, more ideas, ask in November.

For those who are still in the dark about what I'm saying...NaNoWriMo stands for
National Novel Writing Month.
Although I think they really should change it to International Novel Writing Month. I mean, it's CLEAR that this is a world-wide sensation, annually.





""National Novel Writing Month is an annual event where creative types around the world sit down at their desks on November 1st and try to bang out 50,000 words by the 30th. It began back in 1999 when director Chris Baty and 20 of his friends came up with the idea to write novels for the same reason more rebellious types start bands: they had nothing better to do and wanted to make some noise. Now in it's 11th year, with participants around the world numbering in the hundreds of thousands.""
Quoted from holynerdblog.blogspot.com


Well, it's basically that. There are no qualifications except one: you must be willing to try. There are no rules basically, it's just a fun activity. The goal is simple: Write a novel of at least 50,000 words in the 30days of November (not more, not less) and you will win the activity. Prizes? Nah, this is purely for self-satisfaction.


I'm a very lazy gal so I'm not sure if I'm even going to start another novel....still grieving over my lost data of TWO half-written novels. One of them was actually written in November (I never heard of NaNoWriMo then).


Well...I shall see...:P
Perhaps I could come up with a vague plot and flesh it out somehow. ><
It's HARD TO START A NOVEL FOR GOD'S SAKE.


Hardest Chapter of all...

And I never have enough time to think or write...anyway.
I am in awe of my younger self..who writes using pen and paper...pages and pages....
Now...please, forget it. I can't even find time to type words, let alone making my hand ache for writing??


I still have that passion for writing though...^^
It's what I do best. =)






~Yuen~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)