Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Wednesday, April 9, 2014

March Recap 2- TCSH Teambuilding Camp


March Highlight: TCSH Leadership Camp.
I didn't really want to go lah, cause I'm a chicken and I believe strongly that everything bad will happen to me and I'll end up in a hospital or something. But everyone going so I had to go...also to show I'm not chicken. It's at Camp Broga, a campsite for teambuilding activities.


I guess everything went okay...nobody got a photo of me doing the Leap of Faith (which basically requires you to climb up a tree onto a platform then jump off to catch a bar =.=) I was so freaking scared on top of the platform. Okay, I was terrified because when I reached the top I didn't know how to get onto the platform because I was facing the wrong way, took me like 10 mins to let go of the tree that I was hugging so hard on. ._. And then I still had to jump off the platform. Wtf. I'm still alive. O.O


We did other stuff also including raft building which was fun to do and hilarious to watch everyone huddled onto a small raft trying to row it to the middle of the lake and sinking when the raft broke apart rofl. And rock climbing, water obstacle course etc. So very tired afterwards. Had BBQ, and a fire-eating show, by that time I was ready to crash. B and I watched the many many stars for awhile before turning in because there were just so many bright stars in the sky. <3

The next day we had flying fox (which was creepy while climbing up the narrow staircase, I had to count the steps to distract myself from the height) and it was a lot of fun. However the sun was so hot that we were all very sleepy and a lot of us either sunburn or had very dry skin for some time after the camp. My face was so dark I didn't recognise myself in the mirror.


We also climbed Broga Hill to see the sunrise. It's my first time climbing a hill in pitch darkness. .__. with a torchlight. We walked in a single file and B and Albert (a friend he made there) sang all the way. I was cranky because I was super sleepy and made to walk so much in darkness. I didn't like it because my brain wasn't working right and I had to force it to speed up so that I don't trip or fall over because I was careless. :/

It was quite steep climbing up and I was a little afraid and also pissed at B because I kept slipping and he didn't hold me in time lolol. But at the top of the hill the sunrise was beautiful and I forgot everything bad :)
Coming down wasn't really good for many people as it was steep and people kept slipping and sliding down the slope. B led the way so I know which path is more stable :D


But I had fun actually. And I think faith is the most important thing I've learnt- to have faith in my teammates, my friends, my instructors, even in the safety equipment. And most of all to have faith in myself and that I can do it, I can do this and survive without having to get hurt and go to the hospital. I think this was very important and that although I think I didn't really bond with anybody (come on, my teammates are mostly Psych Club members whom I'd ditched to focus on IB) or be an awesome and fearless leader (no, just no. I'm too individualistic, sadly.), I'm glad I found faith within myself. I believe that faith in myself makes me able to do anything, and faith in others makes me able to trust in people.


It's a new word, and it's a strong word, but for me, it's a great word. :)
Have faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)