Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Special: How To Hard-Boil Eggs Without Gas Or Stove




It's Easter Sunday!
Happy Easter everyone!

So for Easter I'll be showing how to hard boil eggs without using gas or the availability of a stove. The easiest way, ever. I decided to do this simple test because I've always wanted to eat hard boiled eggs and nobody makes it. I'm serious. I tried asking in restaurants and they keep messing up by giving me soft boiled eggs. No one understands me ._.

And I don't have a stove or gas here so I can't even boil an egg the right way. I have a microwave but either it's a soft boil or it fries up and become insanely hard, and you have to crack it to cook it cause a whole egg in a microwave will cause it to explode. 

I know, it sucks to not even able to eat an egg when you want to. :(


So out of sheer desperation I bought a dozen eggs and took a couple to make an experiment to see if boiling water works. The first egg failed because I broke it too fast, so I tried another time. And it works! I got a hard-boiled egg!

So here's how:
You need:
  • Electric kettle
  • Egg
  • Water
  • Metal can

1. Boil water enough to cover the egg. Pour hot water over egg in metal can and cover. Try not to pour boiling water the first time as it will crack the egg a little. Cover the lid and wait for 5 minutes.
2. Boil more water. Pour out old water and put in new hot water. Cover for 5 minutes.
3. Boil even more water. Pour out and pour in new water again, cover for 8 minutes.
4. Peel the egg!


Like seriously, it worked. It used more water of course as you need to keep the water hot just below boiling point. And also more electricity as you need to boil the water three times, but it actually works if you're craving for eggs and you don't have gas or no stove. :3

This is the easiest, easiest way ever. For an egg to hard boil it takes about 15 minutes, but if you're afraid, just leave it on for 20mins.

I love eggs. :3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)