Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Searching For My Academic Sanctuary Part 2 -Taylor's Sri Hartamas



Day 3 (Tuesday):
JM and YP went back already, so I went to Taylor's with Mom only. >.< Anyway I went to the Sri
Hartamas campus because they had this Experience Day for Bursary students, and since I was still at KL, I went. Mom wanted me to go anyway, since she said it would be a great way to clear up any confusion regarding the Bursary and stuff.

I was warned about the all-year-long winter season at the campus (which is equal to inside the building) but I had no idea it was so freaking cold. =.=
*shivers*
So what I did there in a nutshell was to attend three CAL classes (Phy, Bio and Lit), tour the accommodation, had lunch, heard a bit about the extra co-curricular stuff, as well as had a Q&A session.

-Classes were so far okay. We went to the Physics class first, where I sat with three girls, two of them who talked lots to me. The people there were quite fun, they had an interesting argument with the Physics teacher about one of the questions in their trial paper. It reminded me of high school, (more of CHC because SHHS students don't argue much about exam questions >.<).

-Then a Lit student picked me up after and we went to Lit class. I'm not sure if it's the imbalance in gender (only two boys there who were sooo quiet) but the atmosphere was more tense and, I don't know, sort of like really serious.
The teacher was quite nice, and they had discussions on their essay papers, but then everything was conducted in a serious manner which kind of scared me. I don't like the atmosphere, to be honest. I rather prefer people who are productive and have witty, intelligent discussion yet crack jokes and fool around at the same time.
That particular class scared me to the point of reconsidering Humanities subs, omg.

-Then the Lit senior sent me back to Biology class, which was the same class as Physics. When I went in they were having a discussion on their exam paper, about cholera and why there are more cases of it in less developed countries. General knowledge, I can answer the questions without Biology knowledge. xD. The fun part was when they started "arguing" with the teacher again about their answers and why she marked them wrong.

I don't know, I sort of enjoy the banter and the lively atmosphere more. Maybe WQ would prefer the Lit class, I think she would like the quietness and studious (albeit a bit too frigid) atmosphere.



I even met one of my CHC seniors, can you believe it? She was from choir, which I actively joined while I was at CHC. She was the pianist and really good at it. ;) I recognized her since Physics and remembered her name and everything, but didn't tell her. She was the one who asked me if I was previously from CHC after Bio. Haha. Guess I did make an impression back then. :P

We had a tour of the accommodation at Puncak Prima, which is just across the road. The unit we were shown was not a standard unit, but an extra fully-furnished one Taylor's rented due to unavailable spaces. It looked quite cosy, but then the bedroom we saw was kinda small AND the girl had to share with another girl. Hmmm. But then I heard the accommodation at Sri Hartamas is super expensive. One unit can cost up to RM3000 per month rental. O.O

Then we had lunch at a Japanese fusion restaurant in the mall. We get to choose anything on the menu and all paid for. <3 I think my lunch cost over rm20, a glass of mocha cost RM8 my God. Zzz.
I was sitting at the table where the principal was sitting, so all of us at the table had a lively chat with her. She is Canadian and really nice, just transferred here in January and very interested + active in the college's activities.

Later we went back to the seriously cold lecture room (okay I guess the Bio lab was much colder) where we watched a presentation on the extra co-curricular activities held at the campus. (not very much excited by it mainly because I was never very active during high school and there was no club that I was even remotely interested in anyway). Well I hope things will change because I think that extra activities are important in personal statements.

Day ended with a Q&A session. :)
The principal assured me that I would be able to have a single room xD to myself instead of having to share with others. Haha that's good, since I have a phobia of having to share rooms with others (especially when I don't know them yet. I can only live within close proximity with best friends whom I have known for more than a year. And who doesn't have gross habits. >.<)

Taylor's sounded quite okay to me. Convenience is taken care of since the mall and the college are interlinked inside, and if we're staying at Windsor (the tower where the college is at), then rooms are also interlinked (will never have to see the sun again LOL). Subject choices for CAL...well there is a combination that I might be interested in. And I get a single room. Well.
(Am praying for a Windsor room, because I've heard from seniors how freaking awesome it is compared to Puncak Prima)



Here's the main problem now.

I suddenly heard more about IB, and now confused between IB and A-Levels.
Oh dear.
Now college choice is more or less settled, here comes the confusion between pre-u programs. Zzz.

Shit.
More about that in another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)