Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Saturday, April 20, 2013

I Will Not Chase Love (Poem Sharing)


This is just a poem I read from somewhere around the web. I love the imaging style of it, as well as the strong undercurrents of emotion beneath. Words will always be beautiful when they come from the heart. Very heartwarming. I felt it was really lovely and should be shared out.

Interesting how our most painful moments can inspire such wonderful words.

I Will Not Chase Love

Oh how the hallowed winds stretch across the moonlit sky
Beneath a thousand twinkling stars,
And Oh how my heart sings its' heartfelt cries
Where love again has left its' jagged scars.

The resounding drops of the morning rain
that doth pour out o'er heavenly days,
remind me of my silent pain
so buried beneath my tears of haze.

Love do not find me, nor look my way..
Send no angels from above...
For my heart has died and withered away
and will not chase love.



Wind o'er my head and gentle breeze
that brings loves' arrows to send,
stay atop the evergreen trees
while this heart o'mine I mend.

Oh Love that lingers in the little streams
sparkling atop the water's glassy smile,
quench not my thirst amidst my screams
and leave me be for a while.

"No" Love, I say to Thee
and I dare not speak of,
I bid you adieu from me
For I will not chase love.
For I will not chase love.

Oh to Thee, Him who paints the seas
I kneel and pray this day,
whil'st upon my knees
to ask why Thou has me betrayed?

With your sharp tongue and fists of steel
that has pounded my heart into three,
Love has shown me that pain is real
and can conquer me.
So "No" to love I yell and fight..

For I will not chase love,
I will not waste love
I will not face love...

But for you,
for you...
I just might.

- © Robert Hutchinson
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)