Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Thursday, July 4, 2013

Update on KL & Ethan's Photography: My New Home @ Puncak Prima



Since it's the first update post about my time in KL, let's start with the registration at Taylor's. It was on 29th but we went down to KL on the 28th. It wasn't easy trying to fit all my stuff into a Toyota Vios. Avanza, yes. Vios, doubtful. In the end things still went in but I was squeezed against the side. :/

It was a smooth journey almost all the way. Almost. With the worst luck ever, we ended up with a stupid flat tyre in the middle of the stupid highway. Right. Thank goodness we were already out of the North-South highway. Just before entering Sprint highway. =.= Had to change the stupid tyre. And the second thing is, one of the tyre screws broke. Wtf. So we were basically using a spare tyre with three screws. =.= At least we're almost there.



29th : Registration day today. A little wary which is usual for me because of going to a new place for the first time. Of course I did visit Taylor's around April and am slightly familiar with the place but it wasn't definite at that time, like you still have a choice and can walk away if it's not what you want, you know. This time, I'm enrolled. So, right, this will be my home away from home for two years, and it's imperative that it feels right, that it feels where I would want to be.


We had a welcome message from the principal, then filling in the paperwork and stuff, and then they gave us the room keys and grouped us units-by-units, so we knew who our housemates are. :)
I have three other housemates, all Chinese, coincidentally (or not). Two from around KL, one from Sarawak. Hmm. Btw, Penang is a nice place, you guys should go visit. (Just saying :P)

Anyway, after refreshments a senior brought us to our unit at E Block, the last one, which is a little bit special from the rest of the blocks. While the other blocks are side by side each other, E is opposite all of them. It's situated on a slope at the back of the whole place, even though our unit floor is around the middle, we're looking almost directly at the top floors of the block opposite us. Since it's at the back, compared to other blocks it's freaking far if you walk in from the main gate (which is what I'll be doing everyday), but it's very private and away from the roads out front if you like that kind of more secluded environment. But it's a really nice place because the swimming pool is just right outside the block entrance. :P


Anyway, our neighbours right opposite our unit are very friendly! :D They welcomed us and offered to look out for us, which I personally think is very kind of them. Since it's rented from a private landlord by Taylor's, the furniture inside vary unit by unit. I think ours is pretty nice although obviously furniture isn't as solid as you would actually buy for your own use.

Here's some pictures of my second home. Unfortunately I can't post a photo of the entrance because it would give away the actual location of my unit. Sorry. :)






The living room. TV cabinet but no TV. So sad. :( hahaha..I don't think I would have time for TV anyway. My 2 (and a half) years without TV at my new house in Balik Pulau made me kinda miss chasing after drama series but seriously there isn't much time even in Form 4 and 5 (what more IB right). Sofa set looks really nice, maybe the nicest piece of furniture in the whole house. Shoe cabinet, coffee table at the side of the sofa. And the balcony.






The kitchen. Built-in kitchen cabinets. Stove but no gas 'cause cooking “isn't allowed”. There's a microwave, but no kettle. They promised to get us an electric kettle later though. A refrigerator which needs some cleaning out.


Laundry area. There's a washing machine here! :)


Dining area. Since there's no study table anywhere, I have a feeling that late-night homework and discussions will end up here. You know. Half-eating, half-working when rushing for assignments. :/ There's an air conditioner, so hopefully work will be less stressful, haha.






Corridor. The door at the far left (facing to the right) is my bedroom door, the master bedroom. Left door is a small bedroom which is locked because there's only four of us. The right door is a middle-sized bedroom for my two other housemates. There's a bathroom at the far right hidden by the wall.




Common bathroom outside, more for the two housemates staying in the middle bedroom. I probably won't be using it, since I have an attached bathroom inside my bedroom, unless emergency or something.


And ta-daa! This is my bedroom. It's the master room in the unit. Perks of this room include an attached bathroom which is awesome (I'll tell you about it later) and window facing south (if not wrong) so there's no sun problem. Downside is I'll have to take turns cleaning the bathroom with my roommate (shit!) because since it's inside the bedroom, it's not a “common area”. :///////

Room is nice right? The wardrobe is kinda flimsy though, but I don't have a lot of clothes (yet) so it's still okay for now. My bed is the one nearer to window, bathroom and fan. Haha. My roommate chose her bed first though. Maybe she likes it closer to the door or something. :)
I'm okay with mine. I can't imagine having a first dispute over choosing beds. I think it must be hilarious to watch really.


We shifted the furniture a bit, the wardrobe was supposed to be on one side of the room (nearer to her bed). Which means that every time I want to get dressed I have to go around to her bedside (which to me is super intrusive of private space unless I've known the person forever! Like JM, JJ, etc. But maybe she doesn't mind? I don't know.) 

But to make things easier for everyone and to not intrude into her part of the room, we shifted the wardrobe to the middle and her bed to the side. So now the room is splitted perfectly into half (with the imaginary yellow line down the middle of the wardrobe haha) and we have our own half of space! This way, it will be easier to give people and expect the same level of privacy in return because I'm a kinda private person (never shared a room except hotels, feeling weird with even parents going into my room back in Penang etc).



Hopefully there won't be any disputes or bad feelings throughout the two years. It would be really, really horrible if there is. :/

Since my side of the wardrobe has drawers and hers only has an empty space, I took the small beside cabinet for myself and left the much bigger one complete with drawers empty for her use (so that some more private stuff can be hidden away from sight, you know?)
(I'm such a nice and thoughtful housemate, right? :PP)


And this is our attached bathroom!
I am loving the mirror! (yes it means more mirror self-shots) Wider than the lousy one in my bathroom back in Penang. The bathroom has a pinkish glow. (bedroom has a slight purple glow)


And this is the bathtub. ;)
Like, seriously. A freaking bathtub. I mean, you only get this at hotels right?! (and because I'm so not used to lying inside a bathtub, I always just shower and get out)
Maybe I can spend some time trying out the bathtub :P (although this would be very, very bad for those early-morning rushes hahaha)





This is the balcony facing the swimming pool. My room also has a pool view. Cool right? I know! ;)

Am feeling quite happy about the place because it's really near to my college, (about 5 minutes to reach the campus? 2 or 3 mins for those staying in the other blocks which are nearer to the main gate) which is great because then I won't have to take a shuttle bus, get tied up by its schedule, and still face massive traffic jams, wasting time to and fro. I can also catch more sleep, wake up later and and still be in time for class. :D

Obviously there are some downsides of it, but then you can't have every single thing, and the major things have been taken care of, so it's okay. :)
So that concludes my post about my new second home. <3
Signing off now.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)