Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Sunday, July 21, 2013

The Elusive Romantic "Feel": Can It Be Created?


You know what, I realized I've gone weeks (more than a month?) without posting anything about romantic relationships. I've posted anything but that. It feels like I wanna avoid it like the plague, doesn't it?

Actually I haven't posted anything is because this part of my life is stagnant (possibly due to the rotting at home for past two months :/), no new updates about my friends either (one of them is having a crush on someone though, but she hasn't done anything about it, yet. :P). Plus I haven't gone out much and so have no new thoughts about it (we all know scripts of television dramas and novel plots are never gonna happen in real life, so no point commenting.)

I know in this particular photo both are picture-perfect =.=
Anyway I noticed a couple (hence thinking about it) just a few days ago (I haven't thought about it ever since you-know-what) and the girl was very pretty, but the guy was...(hesitation)...plain. Wait, maybe can categorized as downright-not-good-looking. (I'm being cruel here but he'll never know so that's okay). And my first response was like "wth? What does she see in him?"

Same case when I see super good-looking guys with super plain girls. They are not a picture-perfect couple. But sometimes, if you observe long enough, you can feel their love. :)

I know, mind-my-own-business, but it's just a passing thought, what's the harm?

Personal opinion: Guess the "feel" is at work again.

What's the "feel"?
You know, when someone asks "how will I know I really like/have a crush on him/her?" and people just go "oh, you'll know" and nod knowingly like they are in on some secret?

I don't know. I think the mysterious "feel" is like when you see that person, your stomach feels weird, and when you are with that person, you can't help but smile, and the big sign is you're actually thinking of the possibility of being in a romantic relationship together.
For me it's the stomach. If my stomach doesn't feel like it has many many butterflies and bats in it, sorry, it's a no go. Even if there's one butterfly.

Sometimes it just isn't there. It sucks (especially if the person concerned is really nice and is quite a perfect package) but there's nothing you can do. Trying to be in a romantic relationship with someone you don't have the spark for feels fake and uncomfortable. :/
So how would you know? Most of the time you have to spend some time with the person concerned, face-to-face, to know. (that's the problem). Never trust online "feel", it's too unreliable. I learnt this the hard way. :(

Contrary to popular belief, you never get the "feel" only once in your life, so the myth about "The One" is busted. ;)
There is also another myth about very good looking girls (and guys) have a better shot at romantic relationships, which is busted too because a lot of long-term relationships that I know around me don't always consist of a picture-perfect couple.

If you've never ever gotten someone to crush on you, I'll let you in on a little secret:
Fix your personality.
Personality matters a lot! *winks*
(I know, it's no secret, but you'll be omg at how lots of people try to fix their looks, put lots of makeup, go for cosmetic surgery and such but no one seems to care about their personality.)

Emotional connection aka "The Feel" > Personality/Intellect > Looks

The key is that an interesting personality creates the feel out of nowhere. Or so I believe. Hmmmm. Sometimes it's like "I won't ever date him/her" when both of you are acquaintances, but the "feel" will sometimes be created when you spend more time with that person and become good friends.
Something call 日久生情 in chinese? Hmmmm.

(Oh and looks still kinda matters. We're all superficial to some extent. So don't be lazy on looking your best all the time!)

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)