Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Update: New Life @ KL, Taylor's College Sri Hartamas


This is my student ID.
Please ignore the photo of me, it sucks. It's too dark. :(
Have I done an update on my life here? I can't honestly remember. Either I have too much on my mind or I really, really just have a short memory (which is a big no-no, I'm taking Psychology and Biology!!)

Anyway, I've been here for a week+ now! And I'm still alive! :)
To be honest, this time of change I'm sort of hoping things will be brilliant and friends will feel like family, because this is the path that I actually chose and I'm really hoping I did make the right choice to be part of all this. :)


So yeah. Feeling awesome is very important for me. So far I've not been very homesick (actually I don't think I'm homesick) because I'm managing myself quite well and there are always people from my batch around. To clarify, not homesick doesn't mean I don't love home. It's just that I've been at home almost 24/7 for the past seven months and I'm not resistant to change this time around.

Just before I came, I celebrated my birthday with a cake and my family :)
Here are some photos to share...taken by Ethan :)

Secret recipe, creme brulee cheese cake. ;)
Candles! I'm 18! <3

Sorry about the blur, Dad took the photo, so..
(That's my uncle and my grandma)
Apparently mom has a more stable hand even though her using Ethan is limited to just pressing the shutter. LOL

For the past week since I came here, I've been doing:
July:
2nd: A service learning workshop where they explained what is service learning (which is a part of IB also, the S (service) in CAS part of the IB core)

WTF my eyes so small =.=
(Direct sun =.=) Outside of the National Palace.
(My roommate Abigail btw! :D)
Another extra-small-eyes photo. What's wrong with me?!?!
Yes that's a real horse. Just outside Istana Negara gate.
3rd: IB KL trip where we visited the bird park! :) Teachers following are Ms. Prema, my Biology teacher and Ms. Priscilla, my Psychology teacher. So far, they're nice! ;)
My birthday as well so all of them sang me a birthday song. Cool right? :D

Ms Priscilla, my Psychology teacher (or lecturer)

One of my IB coursemates, Moses, being like...well, as usual. LOL.
Alicia, one of my housemates :)
Rainbow coloured parrot! <3
4th: Trip to the National Science Centre. Not much to see but well, at least there's something to do, and we get to meet Dr.Brice, the IB coordinator and the Chemistry teacher, Mr. Josh, a Canadian. [pity I'm not taking Chem!! :(((]

Alicia "walking on moon" in the Science Centre.
Twin towers in a different angle. Shot from inside a bus. LOL. Very cool in my opinion.
This is the proof that it is indeed the Petronas twin towers.
5th: Basically doing almost nothing LOL. Hang around the college and visited the adjacent shopping centre. (I know, so cool right?) We even have a special door to pass from Taylor's to the mall, with security guards. :D

6th: Nothing to do again, visited the Times bookstore in the mall with Kirtana, a new friend. :)
Starting to read Psychology Study Guide. :)
Very interesting, the only study book so far that I am unable to put down. @@
7th: Got tired of nothing to do, so I went out with the others. Took a taxi to KL Sentral, then KTM to Subang Jaya. Then took a bus to Sunway Pyramid. Lunch and shopping there then back to Subang Parade for a movie, The Lone Ranger. Which is awesome if you love Johnny Depp. He is SO funny!!! Got back by KTM to KL Sentral and then a taxi back home. Yeah, it's very far. :/ But a great experience. I think I might bring Ethan to the railway one day.

8th: Another nothing to do day. Slept till very late in the morning and just basically hang around the college because there's wifi. Fyi there's no wifi at my condo unit, which is slightly inconvenient. We have to come here and use the college wifi which is actually quite fast most of the time. Plus it'll force me to go to the library and do work because I can never fall asleep if there's no bed. So it can be a good thing. :)
From where I'm seating, which is actually a mamak shop that sells roti canai for rm1.
Cheapest food you can find here.
9th-10th: Finally the 2-day IB orientation. It's not very boring because the speakers are quite funny, so we get to laugh a lot. The campus is suddenly really cold compared to before. (and here I thought they managed to find a way to control the temperature!) Another big fact about this Taylor's campus is that it is always freezing in here, no matter what's the weather outside. Seriously. I'm shivering as I type hahahahaha. I'm not sure if that's to train us to withstand the cold, so that we can stand the winters of UK/US/Canada/Australia?

I'll talk more about the Orientation in the next post. :)
(yes I'm posting twice today. I'm feeling hardworking. You might not see me here as often when things get hectic in IB. I'm so so so scared about that actually hahaha)
My campus has this awesome cushion area where you can sit on plush cushions and do your work.
Comes with nearby ports for electronic devices charging.
Oh and I'm starting school for real tomorrow.
I've got my timetable and all stuff needed, but I'm still kinda nervous about it. I mean, I haven't gone to school and attended a class for seven months. And as this is IB, I have no idea what to expect. It's a bit like culture shock, I guess. You don't come out from a 11-year exam-orientated school system and dive into something else new without experiencing shock.

IB seniors (2012 intake) and superseniors (these are the just-graduated seniors from 2011 intake) AND lecturers have been continuously giving (drilling into our heads all the time) only one piece of advice for IB success:

DON'T PROCRASTINATE. GET YOUR WORK DONE ON TIME BEFORE MORE COMES IN.

Okay I'm a big procrastinator. I never do stuff on time. Which is scaring me, but I am so determined to fix this. I mean, now's the time to buff away this bad habit before it eats me up in uni right?

And they keep repeating:

IB IS VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY BUSY. INFINITELY SO. 

Which is sort of scaring me really. I mean, what are they comparing to? I am extremely busy during my last two years of high school, but I managed to pull through. I'm hoping the workload would still be what I'm used to, since I'm active in ECA during high school. 
But you never know. There could be much more stuff in IB. ://////


This is why I got this notebook as my official notebook of the year.
The message on the cover is ESSENTIAL!
Shock or not, I have to go through this, and I'm going through the first day tomorrow, so I'll be updating...tomorrow? :P
Okay, if I have nothing to do. I'm actually hoping there's nothing to do yet, first day and all, right? :P Plus I only have 3 classes tomorrow. Yes! Thursday will be the best day ever for the next 5 months. :D

I wonder how the lecturers will be like in class. I hope they'll be loads of fun with lots of experience! :D
Updating about it tomorrow! (hopefully. No promises though!)

Love,

1 comment:

Do let me know what you think! :)