Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Thursday, July 25, 2013

Growing Hair Out Is......

Terrible.

I don't think there's any other word for it. :(
*pain in the ass*

I'm trying to grow it out ever since graduating from high school, where most government Chinese schools in Penang you're supposed to cut short your hair. After 18 years, almost two decades of short hair, I'm embarking on this great journey of growing it out.

It's been half a year since then, everyone's hair been growing long slowly but we're all resisting the urge to cut it off. =.= At this stage of awkwardness it's easy to want to just give up and have short hair for the rest of my life.
Hair looks like this at best :'(
It's at an awkward length, it's too short to tie up properly, too long to leave it alone, I can't curl it, can't style it, and it ends at the nape of my neck like nobody's business, causing the end to curl outwards and generally looking horrible. No coaxing whatsoever will make it straight, except to rebond it, which would make it too straight. And I don't think curling it would look nice on me...I'm a chicken at changing hairstyles.

*sigh* Feel like throwing in the towel and get my scissors.
Note to self: PUT THE SCISSORS DOWN.

Got some hair accessories during my vacation at Vietnam to survive this through. This is trauma. :(
I think all of my friends who are still growing out their hair can relate to this. :(
I will still need at least a year to clear the awkward length.
A year.
:'(

It's actually better than a month ago at least. My lifesaver is this very nice berry-scented hair moisturizing spray called Liese Juicy Shower Moisturizing Hair Mist. The smell is quite nice, and spraying a lot won't overwhelm because it's a light scent. The best part is it's not hair cream/wax/gel, so it doesn't feel oily and heavy (omg I just hate hair gel!!! They make my hair feels sticky :/ ). In fact it dries naturally after a while but leaving hair really smooth. :D
Not sure how long it will last since I've just begun to use it.


Oh well, not to worry, I'm sure hair will continue to grow. ;)
Grow, grow, grow! :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)