Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Semester Number 2 of IB


Felt like I've been hit by a truck. :/

I've only been at school three days, mind you.
Everyone looks apprehensive at the start of college. The past sem hasn't treated us very well, collectively speaking.

I've got 7s in Psych, Bio and French, and 6s in Econs, English and Maths.
So I got relatively fine results based on how little I actually consistently studied (never been one to stick with consistency), but a lot of other people fell short of their ideal results. Two of my classmates dropped IB, a third thought of it but returned to continue.


Some of them look quite depressed. .__.
IB people are an indecisive bunch really. Quite a few of them changed their subjects, and many considered changing. Mar dropped Theatre and changed to Chemistry. B dropped to Math SL and changed Theatre to HL. (yay now we have 3 classes in common!)

I'm still considering whether to take up Bio HL or not. Yes? No? Which is easier, Bio or Econs? I'm not gonna drop Psych since I finished HL IA already, and English is a definite no. 4 HLs right now would be too much to take (considering all forms of IAs coming in at this point), but if I do it in the 3rd sem, would it be too late?

*confused*


Speaking of IAs, I'm already bogged down by them. ._. All of the lecturers (except for French), have already spoken about it. I've completed one and handed in as my first draft, but I'm sure there must be some corrections to make. I've found topics and materials for some, and the rest I'm still in a blur. Doesn't help that some of the lecturers look blurer than me. :(
We have a new Math SL lecturer, who looks enthusiastic and willing to help us out, but he looks as confused as me about IAs. :/ tried googling, limited resources as this "exploration" thingy is a new format with first examinations in 2014. :(

The timetable is still almost the same, with 330pm classes every single day and four 830 classes. :(
No thanks to the subject combo of psych + econs that only applies to me in the whole of IB.
Oh well. Monday is as evil as ever, 7 classes with 5 straight ones. Tuesday isn't very good either, 6 classes with 4 straight. 4 classes on Wednesday, reasonable enough. Thursday is annoying as ever, four hours of break in between. :x And Friday, is reasonably spaced out with 5 classes.

I hate Mondays with legit, starving reasons.


And I'm already confused with the slight changes - I actually missed an Econs HL class because I honestly thought it was Business during that period of time.
And it already looks so busy...so many projects, assignments, homework, activities coming in, not to mention deadly important IAs and EE to think of.

The disorganised, couldn't-be-bothered me is trying to avoid as many distractions as possible. No to leading annoying assignments that I wouldn't even care about as an ordinary team member. No to heading dead clubs and be expected to come up with "fresh" activities when I'm wading through tons of work. My time is limited - I need to be smart and choose the right stuffs to concentrate on. If I heap too much on my plate, I'll just collapse and die at some point.


To-Do this sem:
1. Organised work into edible chunks and work on them properly.
2. Arrange study time (as in studying syllabus/doing IAs) every day.
3. Complete daily work on a daily basis
4. Be independent and proactive on own work, especially IA/EE.
5. Be smart when choosing what to take up and what not to.
6. Remember about CAS and monitor long-term activities.
7. Keep goals and university requirements in sight - I will get me there!
8. Spend time with friends worthy of your limited time, don't neglect social circle, however small.
9. Turn all this into good food for relationship: multitask and don't neglect B.
10. Stop procrastinating and start surviving.

*barely surviving*

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)