Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Saturday, March 15, 2014

Where's MH370?


First of all I must admit that I haven't been closely following any sort of news. IB has taken up all of my time that all I do has something to do with it. If you've been following my blog, you'll know that I haven't posted for ages. The only reason I'm even writing a post right now is only because there are LESS work to do, instead of no work to do :/

As a Malaysian I guess I should be concerned about the tragedy and disappearance of MAS flight MH370. I am, but it's hard to follow the news when I'm busy. Nevertheless Facebook is a good way to know about big news, and there are plenty of speculations about what happened to it, ranging from explosions mid-air to time-travel. Here's some of them:

> Terrorism attack, plane is hijacked
> Shot down by military defense
> Exploded in mid-air
> Abducted by aliens
> Traveled away in time
> Crash due to engine failure
> Pilots commit suicide with the plane
> Political conspiracies


Given how Malaysians ourselves distrust the Malaysian government, it is no surprise to read many fellow friends feeling that the government is probably up to no good by covering up the facts. The conflicting information given to the public and families of the 239 passengers and crew on board the plane has not helped their credibility one bit. Our people has gotten used to this sort of thing, but I imagine the government should at least be more transparent and straightforward since this largely involves China (2/3 of the passengers are Chinese nationals) and the news has attracted the whole world's attention. God, sometimes I am afraid of even going abroad for studies. Imagine what kind of scrutiny and questions I would need to face there.


No matter what happened, whether it is a terrorist attack, or an accident, or anything, I think the government should be more responsible and proactive toward search and rescue. The news about phones belonging to passengers still being able to be contacted offers a glimmer of hope that some, if not all, of the people on board are still alive. Since humans cannot stay afloat on sea for a week without food and water, this probably rules out the accident or explosion theory, since the phones would have exploded along with everything. What then, has happened to these people? 

No one in the world has any idea so far, and search and rescue operations are still ongoing. The search has been expanded to as far as the Indian Ocean and many other countries have been enlisted for the search mission, such as Singapore, Vietnam and China. US has deployed investigators to dig into this matter. A plane could not possibly have stayed vanished for this long...or could it?

Here's a link for you to see the comparison to the idiom "searching for a needle in a haystack": CLICK


Walls of signatures praying for the safe return of the plane has been erected everywhere in Malaysia, and there is one in Plaza Damas, where I pass by everyday on my way to food. B and I decided to put our signatures on the wall too just to show that we care and are hoping for the plane to appear safely with everyone safe and alive. It is indeed a dark time for both heavily affected countries Malaysia and China, and let's not point fingers now, but hope for the truth to surface. 
Let's observe what Sherlock Holmes famously said in his cases: 

“Once you’ve ruled out the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be true.”

No matter what, we have to know the truth, however impossible it may be. The people, especially the suffering families, have a right to know. 
Let us all pray for the safety of the people on board MH370, and may the truth shine soon. 

2 comments:

  1. Since ages your last post... Wahaha. Finally get to read new onces. :P

    ReplyDelete

Do let me know what you think! :)