Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Packing for KL :)

Less than a week to go and I'm starting to pack for KL. Mom has been nagging at me to pack earlier but I'm still using all the stuff so it would be really inconvenient. So all I had done for the past few days is making a checklist, nothing else.


But boredom sets in (again) pretty fast enough, so I started to pack. Pulled all my clothes out from the wardrobe and separated into two piles: Bring pile and Leave pile.
Put all my shoes into their original boxes and set aside.
Emptied my drawers and put all accessories and haircare/skincare/makeup/nail/eye products into a box.
Got my stationery ready (can't find even an eraser anywhere in the house nowadays =.=)
Wrote a list of the bigger stuff for Mom to find from around the house.
Made shopping lists and went shopping occasions with JY, and parents.

No easy feat okay. :/ I've got too much stuff.
Plus that shopping time with JY last week almost bled me dry of months of cash savings. :(
Thank God I had enough (a few hundreds) and my estimation of the amount I would need is slightly higher than the actual prices, so I had a bit of cash left. *relieved*

Stocking up on pens again! Haven't purchased pens for half a year now...
Super love the gel pens on the foreground. It's a China brand but has very smooth liquid ink. The black is especially nice because the colour is black enough. Plus it's super cheap (RM0.80 per pen). Ink finishes very fast though, last 1-2weeks on frequent usage. Was my official pen during Form5 because it never skips when I write. ;)
I actually considered buying a dozen of it honestly, because I'm not sure whether they sell this over at KL. I can't find it at Popular bookstores. :/ Ended up with only four but might come back and buy some more if I still find it good.
The ones in the background is the triangle-shaped Faber-Castell which performs quite well too, with a not-so liquid based ink, so won't smudge as badly. Last longer. :)
Btw, I have a thing for good pens. :P
New stuff always excite me so I was temporarily (like ten minutes) super happy when I unpack my shopping stuff at home. :DDDD
Retail therapy always works, but only from the moment you purchase the item until you unpack it at home. Then it stops making you really happy. So I always make sure my purchases are what I really need and not on a whim. :)

I got a couple of new cardigans because the ones I have look damn sweater-ish and made of wool. I mean, woolly sweaters during class? Not attractive!
A couple of new pairs of shoes too. I know I have too many pairs already..but a few of them are super painful to wear (NOT heels too! Ballerina flats hurt much more than heels, if you believe). The comfortable ones are much too worn out (since they are comfortable, I wear them almost everyday). Heels look beautiful, but I got soft suede flats and sneakers instead. Comfort matters a lot, since it's college I'm going to.

I know, so messy!!!! My room looks like this when I'm packing :/
Some haircare/nailcare products, and a new pair of circle lens. Hoping it will last a few months because I'm wearing prescription lens for daily classes and won't need it too much actually.
JY and I even got the same red blazer for formal wear, hahahaha. I wanted a white one for a black dinner dress of mine, which is quite formal but unfortunately sleeveless. We ended up agreeing that I look too much like a doctor. LOL. So I got the same red as hers. Looks very stylish. ;) Hahaha. I'll post a picture of it next time (when I have use of it :P)

I just realized shoebox have the perfect size to put stuff in. I was looking around for a box to put small random things in and every other box was either too big, too small or have weird shapes. A shoebox is like the best reusable organizer ever. I felt so disorganized until I had my stuff put in a few different shoeboxes and labelled them properly. So surprised at how much could fit in. Plus they have almost same sizes so they stack up pretty neatly. ;)


And I only realized just how much stuff I have to pack =.= (and buy).
Nowadays my mom's line is: "See, I told you to stay and study in Penang, you don't want...now see have to pack so much..." >.<

Back to packing! :PPP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)