Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Friday, September 2, 2011

Book Review: Confessions of A Shopaholic

Review: 5*****!


Confessions of A Shopaholic is written by Sophie Kinsella, as all Shopaholic fans know. And yes! I’m excited to announce that I’m a new fan of her!!!

How could I have missed this series? Probably because I don’t really reach for mainstream fiction, you know? I look around fantasy, sci-fi and crime novels more. So it took me a little longer than usual to pick up the battered Shopaholic novel lying on the library rack.

Anyway I borrowed it because the library in my school is SERIOUSLY lacking good books. At least, I’ve read all of them. It’s so critical that I can walk in and then out without a book. Just imagine. Me, coming out from a library without a book. Anyone knowing me for more than a week will probably gasp in horror and think that the sun will come out from the west tomorrow.

So, to prove that the world isn’t coming to an end, I borrowed this book hesitantly.

And couldn’t put it down.

Yeah, you got me. I just can’t put it down. It’s so interesting reading about this woman called Rebecca (Becky) Bloomwood, who works as a finance journalist (B-O-R-I-N-G) and who spends more than she earns. She gets everything she sees, and 90% of them she doesn’t need. She is in serious debt with her bank and VISA. And then there’s this amazing entrepreneur called Luke Brandon (I love his name!!) who confuses Becky entirely, and a great housemate Suze who sticks up for Becky every time.

Okay I won’t go any further but this is a do-not-miss book!! For those who are still doubtful, go borrow a copy from a local library. It’s worth at least that much.



P.S: A little secret. I’m a shopaholic too. XDD Just ask DL.

Till then,
Michelle Yuen Ai

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)