Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Hazel And Misty....my two hamsters...

I got my new hamsters....:D

Happy like hell....^^compensate for these days BAD mood....
Two of them...different species...wonder if they will get along? Now they seems to be okay and no fight...later?

I got them on 1st July. Its good because I'll always remember the date. I think they're about a month old when I got them...they're small and Hazel is the same size as Mysty.
Let me introduce them.

Hazel is a dominant girl, is born on June 2nd (I agak myself) and is a Campbell dwarf hamster, scientifically known as Phodopus Sungorus Campbelli. She is a lively, curious hamster with bright eyes and an inquisitive nose. Her fur is grey with a dark dorsal stripe and a greyish white underbelly. She is friendly and will willingly befriend anyone, although she will nibble at fingers sometimes. Sometimes she is being a bully and loves to grab food or toys away from her first cagemate, Mysty. She likes chasing Mysty around the cage, who races away faster than lightning.
Hazel also LOVES sunflower seeds and one will sure get her attention more than anything. She loves eating and will try anything at least once. She adores climbing the bars of her three-storey cage and doesn't mind falling from any spot as long as she can climb again. She is known for gnawing feverishly on bars for hours, with no sedative except food.

Hazel drinking water
Mysty

Mysty is the younger girl, born on June 5th and is a Roborovski hamster, scientifically known as Phodopus Sungorus Roborovski. She is beautiful with serious dark eyes and soft white fur. Her back is partly greyish with light brown at the fur ends. She is shy and loves having a hidey-hole hidden away in a closed, quiet spot to be in and prefers coming out to run on the wheel in the middle of the night when no one but the other hamsters see her. She is easily startled and afraid, needing enough time to settle down and always gets bullied by Hazel.She loves corn kernels but has no love for cornflakes.
Mysty's best activity is running in the wheel. She could run very fast for hours on end. She doesn't appear breathless, on the contrary, she runs around the cage once she's off the wheel. She is an excellent explorer in the rolling ball, unlike Hazel who rolls around in the ball half-heartedly. She drinks only a little water. Mysty is terrified of loud noises, as well as strange things she has never seen. She runs away when approached, unlike Hazel, who bounds forward eagerly. When Mysty's scared, she stuffs a lot of food in her cheeks as if afraid food would be taken from her the next second.

My two opposite personalities Mysty and Hazel~

Love you both a lot!^^

P.S: sorry couldn't upload a lot of photos because I couldn't find their photos...will upload another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)