Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Monday, May 26, 2014

Food For Thought: Journal by Plan B @ Publika

Never thought I will ever write a food post but never say never. So here's the first one.

I don't believe in food reviews generally. So many times my family sees a review in the newspaper about so-and-so restaurant selling this AMAZINGLY SCRUMPTIOUS food, and it always turns out that the food is just meh. And not because we don't know how to eat too; my family loves food and is always on the hunt for good food.

Tastebuds differ.

But because I am running out of stuff to talk about (I know I haven't yet finish posting about Cambodia, but still), and also because I'm on this mission to visit nice cafes once every fortnight (I hope!), I might post about them and what I think they are worth. I'll be super unbiased about it cause nobody paid me anything (I had to pay k!)

Today's post will be on Journal by Plan B at Publika.


I've walked past this place like x1234567890 times cause B has a place upstairs where we chill sometimes, but never went in until I saw someone raving about this place somewhere online. And because B promised to belanja me nice food because I was sad the other day. :P

Le menu. When life gives you lemons, make lemonade! I should try their lemonade. :P

Damn serious in choosing food lolol I look quite derpish
The man does not need to look at the menu. 
Ordered spaghetti marinara because I want a tomato-based sauce and I cannot eat beef and scrambled eggs on ciabatta toast. We shared but I was super super hungry at that time so I ate more than I used to lolol. 

Le spaghetti. Sorry for the kinda blur photo, camera just WON'T focus. 
Spaghetti Marinara: RM28

B and I really liked this! It was really really good that I ate a lot of it, like 3/4. The squid and prawns were huge and quite fresh. Cherry tomatoes were sweet and the tomato base was good. I only eat tomato-based pasta btw, cream-based is always too much for me to handle lol. One of the highlights of this place is its pasta, so definitely a must-try! :D

Toast is hiding at the bottom of the eggs
Scrambled eggs on ciabatta toast: RM10

I like how the eggs aren't entirely dry. I like my eggs to be slightly gooey cause if it's too dry, it tastes like paper. So this was good for me. The toast was soft and blended well with the eggs. I'm not sure if they have dry toast? Maybe that'll be better, idk. It depends on what kind of eggs and toast you like la. I'm glad they didn't add anything else so that I can add salt and pepper to my taste. 


Iced Turkish Apple Mint Tea: RM10

This was an interesting drink. I simply chose the longest name from the list because I wanted to try something different from my usual iced chocolate/mocha. And I loved this! I'm sure it's not for everyone, but if you like apples, and mint tea, definitely try this! I like the apple slices (ate them all) and the drink has this interesting minty, slightly crisp flavour to it that grows on you the more you drink. :D 

Oh and there's also iced chocolate (RM12) for B who drank it before I could stop him to take a picture lolz. There's vanilla ice cream on top that tasted really well with the chocolate at the bottom. B loved it; it was "one of the best iced chocolate" he drank before (he eats out a lot). So for chocolate lovers like me, try this!

Rocky road bar
For dessert we had a Rocky Road Bar: RM12

Tiny, soft marshmallows covered in chocolate and held together by chocolate crisps sit on top of a dry, nutty layer of chocolate cake. I kinda like it cause it's both hard and soft at the same time, aptly named "rocky road" to perhaps symbolise the ups and downs of life? :3

I really like the food here, and the service was good as there are always waiters around to assist. Food was served quickly even though the place was full (with waiting list somemore)! We went on a Sunday afternoon, so probably they'll have less people on weekdays. Was a bit too noisy with so many people, but overall the experience was decent cause the food is actually nice.

Revisit? Yep!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)