Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Monday, October 14, 2013

MIAR Shelter- Saviour of Dogs

Hi again!

I am back with more updates on my life. :D



So I've been to this dog shelter in Kajang twice now, and what sets it really apart from the other shelters is that it not only caters to neglected, accident and abused dogs, it also spread word about the cruelty of the people assigned to catch strays. MIAR (Malaysian Independent Animal Rescue) took videos of these people while they abused the strays until they bled and choked on their own blood. :(
It is SO SAD!




Anyway, they are worth us helping out since they do not receive any funds from government or banks for what they are doing. :)
During our second visit, we bought rice, soap powder and bleach. :)




The dogs are really frisky but some of them are paralysed or are in some way handicapped. Some of them were abused by their owners with hot oil, large knives, ropes etc. One was even on his way to the restaurant when he was rescued. Most had maggots but were treated and removed.
In short, every dog there has a sad story to tell. :(





We played with the dogs and washed their food bowls. During our second visit, we made bows and ribbons for a few dogs who were going to attend a dog awareness dogathon.

Showing us how to wash

Took many many photos. All of them are so cute. Especially the puppies.
However I can't adopt any of them so I will resort to helping them at the shelter. :)




I love animals. Dogs, and especially cats.
We shouldn't be so cruel to man's best friend. :(
We should love them like our best friends! :)

2 comments:

  1. where is this shelter exactly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Rosealia! Sorry for the late reply yeah. Here's their Facebook. The shelter is in Kajang.

      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Malaysia-Independent-Animal-Rescue/132282193542235

      Delete

Do let me know what you think! :)