Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Monday, December 9, 2013

TCSH Junior Prom 2013

Love this pic a lot with its dark, rich and vibrant colours.

Prom was a hugeeee success! :D
I'm part of the committee this year, because when I joined it in July I had nothing better to do. 
Little did I know it will cause me SO MUCH STRESS THAT I FREAK OUT EVERYDAY and SO MUCH HAPPINESS IN THE END. 

#ilovepromcommittee

So this post will be about my journey from the start until the end, with random photos with my good friends between each paragraphs because I can't help but pepper the long post with pictures and introducing the people in them. I have individual photos but I'm posting up mostly only group ones :)

Me, Alicia and LiYin having early dinner :)

So everyone was posting about their mushy mushy feelings on Facebook, and even though I have things to say, I just couldn't bring myself to say it on Facebook, hence I will post it up here. It has been a wonderful journey, even though the turning point was so drastic and sudden that everyone was stunned.

Kamil, Darren and Shi Wei. Darren is from ALevels while the other two are my IB classmates.
I joined the committee in July because I was bored and it sounded interesting. I was offered a place in Admin department, which is very much all the paperwork and stuff. The first meeting was kinda awkward, there were a huge bunch of us IB juniors and some A-Levels and three SAMs. As the planning progresses, we were okay with each other in our own department, but we didn't really bother about other departments and kept to ourselves. We messed up a lot of times too, for example in my department, we were always criticised on the forms and our systems and everyone said and suggested different things, which caused miscomunication and an extremely confusing registration and ticketing system.

Deanna, Ms Navina (EngLit), Ms MoiMoi (French), Jia Hui and Nic
Morale for the team went down the gutter and even us started not caring about the event at all. The sales kicked off with a slow start, with no one even knowing the early bird sales are on. People only found out during the last two days of the sales. Sales surged up suddenly, and we had to extend our early bird discount to a couple more days because we could not attract enough people to even start making money on our side.

Li Yin, Alicia, Abigail and I. We're housemates! :)
Attendance for booth duty was reasonably all right, but we were very passive. Ms D was extremely scary and cold during the first few months, to the extent that we were all really pissed with each other because no one was doing the things Ms D wanted right, and there was no motivation at all. The committee thing turned into a stress factor as we regretted even joining. It was a dark, dark month.

Ms D and the one photobombing behind me is Carine from ALevels.
This went on for, believe it or not, until a week before the event. At first we did not even break even with our financial status, and Ms D was so worried that she cancelled off most of our expenditure and dropped it from thousands to a mere few hundreds. We did not break even until two weeks before the event, and after that tables continued to come in, cash sponsors were obtained and we had around RM5000 profit.

Mr Lim, Econs teacher. :)
It was mostly thanks to everyone for pulling in friends and getting tables sold, as well as finding and asking sponsors to sponsor cash or items. It was very very hard work. Especially when there is an Avicii concert on the very night of the event.

Abigail, Eleasha, Li Yin, Nadiah and I. :)
The day of the event was awesome. If the months before were graded as a 3, that day graded 9. Everyone was so attuned with each other and things worked so well. Ms D didn't have to worry about a single thing and could actually relax and have fun with us all. The rehearsal went okay, and the event was even better. We all did what we did without having to be told, and no one had to be reminded. 


Mehehehe checking the registration lists to make sure it's correct.
The timing was perfect as we had everyone shepherded into the ballroom and the event started right on the dot. We actually ended an hour early. Everything was just so awesome, even though we had to have early dinner. There was a few hiccups along the way, such as a performer's stuff getting stuck inside a locked room right before her performance, some technical difficulties with the slides and the wrong crown given to the Prom King, everything was still very smooth.

ShinYin, Stephanie Siew, May Theng and I. Committee members, they are from ALevels.
By the way, the slideshows were extremely beautiful as the soundtracks used (Two Steps From Hell! OMG Abby I love you to death) were so dramatic that everyone fell silent and actually watched the slides instead of talking. The soundtracks caught everyone's attention. *fangirling over TSFH*

Tian Zhe from ALevels. My counsellor+math teacher+good friend :)
Oh and quite many IB seniors came too despite early refusal to attend. They looked wonderful despite staying up all night rushing their IAs, EEs, etc. And even though the IB community is the smallest among the three academic communities, our seniors actually won the awards for Prom King and Queen, even though there were Alevels and SAM finalists. Shows how popular our seniors are!


Alastair, Zunren, Visvar. At the back JingYi, Rachel and Cong. All of them are IB seniors.
And my senior buddy, Eleasha, won both the Prom Queen and All-Rounder IB award. She just can't get any more perfect. <3

Eleasha and KarYern :)
Winning Prom King and Queen, their first dance.
As B was also one of the photographers of the day, I had many photos taken of me even though I was supposed to be busy in the committee. :P I took photos with all the good friends I know from both IB and A-Levels. They are an awesome bunch!

Bryan, Mar, Laj, Le-e and Nic. :3 My best friends and their dates. Glad that we have this photo together!
Self-obsessed person must have a photo of self right? :P
My makeup was done by Rei, one of B's besties. She's very cute and helpful. :D She came specifically to help make me up. <3
Every time she did something she'll ask me to check at the mirror if this was how I wanted to look.
Bought my dress at Times Square for a hundred bucks and shoes for 80. Paid for by B. :3 Thanks soooo much! <3

Rei and I. :D
And of course, photos with my prom date. :P
People thought we were very sweet and many of them offered to help take our photos. Haha


My dress is too long for its own good.
:D
<3
I had a wonderful time during the prom and also being in the committee. During the post-mortem meeting, there was no words to describe how awesome the event went, despite all the obstacles and boulders. We even had a card writing session where everyone wrote something on everyone's cards. We certainly have come a long way since the awkward first day to the warm bonding between members on the last meeting. :)


(I'm not in this photo because I left early)
Will cherish this to the very bottom of my heart.

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)