Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Definition of No Life


Don't feel like doing any more homework for tonight. Since Monday is a public holiday, I decided to give myself some leeway about homework.
Life has been so so so hectic since IB. I love being busy over things that I enjoy doing, and as this time I get to choose my own subjects, it hasn't been nearly as gruelling as the past. The PAST, trust me, was way horrible because I was forced to study stuff that I don't understand and don't care about.

So I was chatting to my friend the other day about what I've been doing, and I was sort of "complaining" about how busy I am, and after hearing about my detailed list about what I have done and what I am going to do, she's like "oh God, you have no life."
(she's studying a 1-year foundation at a certain college. Apparently the foundation only has four main subjects based on presentations and minor exams marked by college teachers. She goes home after 3pm everyday and all college-related stuff ends at 3pm.)

My friend, you must define the meaning of "no life". What does life means to you? Would life be alive if it is only all about going to classes, watching TV, surfing Facebook, shopping, updating Instagram, eating, sleeping, rinse and repeat? Or would life be much better by organising campaigns and college events, participating in community service, being a part of many college and outside activities, going to classes that you actually care about, doing homework that interests you, surfing online to research and read up on many interesting nuggets of facts that you didn't know, and collecting lots of awesome memories with friends in a jar labelled "College Pre-U Life"?

As much as I complain of IB taking up ALL of my free time to the point that I haven't had time to read the new novels that I have bought, I'm glad that my free time is spent on meaningful and interesting activities. And yes, even my academic interests me. I love all of my subjects. (except Maths, but it is tolerable at that level)

To me, no life doesn't equate to "no free time". No life is actually too much free time that you spend it by doing nothing, being aimless or doing meaningless things.
I have way too much on my plate and am barely managing it all together, but I secretly enjoy being busy. It gives me life and there is something that needs to be done everyday, so I have to keep looking forward. I wallow in nothingness when I have too much free time. :)

Participated/-ing in MUN as admin, Debate class, IB Newsletter, Year End Ball Committee, Turtle Recycling Campaign, Project ADOPT, etc etc.

CAS hours: Completed 50.5 hours of Creativity! Target reached! Poor Service of only 1.5 hours, you're next. :D

I have a life. A busy one with a purpose.
Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)