Best viewed using Google Chrome. Please email me if you need a fast reply as I may only reply comments here after a month. If you like my blog, remember to follow me! Thanks

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

First-Time: A Digital Perm


I've gotten really, really fed up with my hair.
It's unmanageable.
Like a wild lion's mane.
The hair ends curls outward and upward as they pleased.
They have no respect for me, who desperately tried to comb them straight, blow-dry them with various products, with little or no success.
I can't get them to frame my big face without resulting in a haggard, I've-not-been-sleeping-or-combing-my-hair look.
Ponytails make my face huge, and I really don't need people to see every kind of stress etched across my face.
Ugh.
BEFORE. Can't even stand this picture.
Look at the ends!!! No self-respecting hair would do that!!

I guess that's just me. People say hair reflects personality. If so, this just gave my direct, I-really-don't-care-shit-you-in-the-face attitude some concrete proof. (only applies to useless maggots in the world)
But I am boss of my own hair, so this attitude cannot be tolerated anymore. Waiting for it to grow past my shoulders has cost me nine months of frustration. And while mothers have endured enough suffering and gave birth in relief, this poor girl here still struggles with her untamed hair, with no sign of the end, since the bloody hair takes forever to grow, probably trying to torture its mistress as long as possible.

Yes, I have on many occasions have had the temptation to just pick up a pair of sharp scissors and chop off my hair until it is well above my ear. Then there would be no problem. But no. I have made a promise to keep it long. I shall have to endure this through!

No more! Shit hair and bad hair days, begone!

Excuse my look, but this is right before the perm.
It looks neat now, but trust me it's not.
Having suffered so many months, I decided today that this embarrassment must be put to an immediate stop. I need to get it over and done with! With steely resolve I walked into a hair salon and demanded my hair be chop off done something about it. I ended up with three choices:

1. Cut it short.
2. Force my hair to be straight through rebonding.
3. Let my hair be as it wants and curl it even more through a perm.

First of all I don't wanna cut it short. Nine months is an extremely long time, and I'm proud that I've come this far with it. Cutting it would make all those suffering in vain.
To do a rebonding would mean stick straight, super flat hair with an ironed look. Okay, this looks great on people (like my friends), but I'm not so sure my face has an affinity with flat straight hair. I have a feeling this would make my face bigger than Jupiter. :/

Hoping the results would be something like this. :D
So I decided on a perm. Not a cold perm (the scary one that old ladies do so that they have tight little curls all over their head), but a digital perm. I have virgin hair (never-processed-before hair) so yeah, this is my first chemical process which is super damaging especially if proper care is not taken. To hair: I wouldn't have had to make you deal with chemicals if you had not been so naughty. So there.

So I was really, really nervous because what if I end up with a head of bad perm? I'd have to curl up and just die right? (no pun intended) Even picture examples did not satisfy me: one good look on a model does not guarantee an awesome look on me. But I guess anything is better than the current shitty look, so...okay.
Looking retarded after the hairwash.
Had a hair trim, then a hair wash. I always like a hairwash at the salon. A hair wash by another person felt so...royalty. Like people washing your feet for you. Lol. Then the naughty hair was divided into many parts and curling rollers were put on with some chemical cream. Ended up with a head of blue rollers.

Apparently this is the sort of hot perm that requires a machine that looks a lot like EEG (you know where they stick electrodes all over your head), with each wire connected to each roller. It looked intimidating enough, then my hairstylist accidentally tripped over something and pulled against the wires, and I was like OH SHIT I'M GONNA BE ELECTROCUTED.

In my mind, of course.

This looks like EEG. Or octopus.
With this machine you can set the heat to the specific degree you want, resulting in better curls as you can control how you want it to be. I sat there for 40mins while my new-curls-in-the-making sizzle over the heat, skin protected by sponges so that I won't get burnt. After that some liquid was applied into each roller, and I sat there for another 20mins. So bored I zoned out until an alarm went off and I was ushered to another hairwash.
Treatment to the rescue! :D
Rollers taken off and a keratin heat treatment applied to limit the damage the machine fried my hair. Sat for another 20mins and then another royal hairwash. Then my extremely patient hairstylist applied curling cream and blow-dried my hair for half an hour so that we can all see the best effect of the perm.

Ta-daa! Ok well, pictures were taken at home but anyway.


(I don't look like me!!)
Pretty pleased with the results. Makes me look a lot like the Korean/Japanese short curl bobs that you always see. Framed my BIG face quite well too. I look more different, like more...bouncy or something. More awake I guess? No more lame, limp hair with no style! :D
*my dad says I look like the judge who wears a white wig. =.= what? I should recommend more Korean dramas to him.*

See my curls! My curls! :D
Rule number one to girls who need more confidence: change your hairstyle.
A good change brings a huge bucketful of confidence into your life, trust me. It increases your self-esteem. My mom is already planning to cover mirrors in the house to curb my increased narcissism. :P

Love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Do let me know what you think! :)